New to PokerStars

• BlueZizou18
      BlueZizou18
      Bronze
      Hi fellow PokerSTARS,

I registered to the site last year and only ever played on it 3 or 4 times as I prefer to play live but I've just rekindled the flame.

So, I'm not familiar as much as most, to online poker but I'm sure you can play with me given my user ID, so here it is for anyone who wants to play.

JakeH18

I hope to play with my fellow PokerStrategics
  • 13 replies
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      Good luck at the tables, maybe I will see you around. :)
    • BlueZizou18
      BlueZizou18
      Bronze
      I've been playing the past couple of nights and I've worked out (with help) that the best way to play is using TAG and ABC, which relys mainly on your hand strength and without moaning too much I've had terrible luck.

I've got no idea how to be successful online in the games I play in without luck and good hands. I've struggled really badly and I don't know what to do.

For example, I was in the cut-off position, haven't had no calls before me I limped with K10 suited, it's folded to the big blind who raises 3xBB, I call (he knows I've limped). The flop comes Q57, he c-bets bigger and quickly, 6BBx, at this point I know he hasn't got a Q and he wants me to think he's got somethin big.. I call. On the turn I hit a King. I know I'm ahead, he goes all-in, I call (I have him covered by 1K), he turns over 5 4 suited and hits a set of fives on river.

At this point, I think is there really a way and a strategy proven to help you succeed or is it 80/90% luck. The latter is certainly how it seems from my POV. But I do hope there is a way.
    • TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      what limit are you playing?
    • BlueZizou18
      BlueZizou18
      Bronze
      No Limit Holdem. Buy-ins from $2-10
    • BlueZizou18
      BlueZizou18
      Bronze
      I'm playing now for anyone who wants to watch and give me advice for anything you can see will help.

Thanks guys.

JakeH18
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BlueZizou18
      For example, I was in the cut-off position, haven't had no calls before me I limped with K10 suited, it's folded to the big blind who raises 3xBB, I call (he knows I've limped). The flop comes Q57, he c-bets bigger and quickly, 6BBx, at this point I know he hasn't got a Q and he wants me to think he's got somethin big.. I call. On the turn I hit a King. I know I'm ahead, he goes all-in, I call (I have him covered by 1K), he turns over 5 4 suited and hits a set of fives on river.

At this point, I think is there really a way and a strategy proven to help you succeed or is it 80/90% luck. The latter is certainly how it seems from my POV. But I do hope there is a way.
      Don't open limp, especially not in the cut off, just raise and take the blinds most of the time or take down the pot postflop as preflop aggressor. So much easier to play with preflop initiative. And you will mostly have a position on the callers and playing bigger pots in position with initative is printing money.

As for the luck part, well obv it has a big impact. still doesn't mean you couldn't have consistent results if you put in high volume and have a good edge.
    • BlueZizou18
      BlueZizou18
      Bronze
      Im actually considering never playing poker ever again.

In the BB position with QQ, next position raise 2xBB, 2 places after him raise to 3x, it's folded to me, I call and so does the guy next to me. Flop J75, I check, guy next to me checks, other guy raises about 8x, I raise him, guy next to me all in for about 700, other guy all-in for about 2,000, I call. One guy has J10, other guy AJ, turn changes nothing and who can guess what the river is? An Ace.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze

In the BB position with QQ, next position raise 2xBB, 2 places after him raise to 3x, it's folded to me, I call and so does the guy next to me. Flop J75, I check, guy next to me checks, other guy raises about 8x, I raise him, guy next to me all in for about 700, other guy all-in for about 2,000, I call. One guy has J10, other guy AJ, turn changes nothing and who can guess what the river is? An Ace.
      Standard jokerstars :coolface: :coolface:

Either learn how to accept variance or quit poker.
    • BlueZizou18
      BlueZizou18
      Bronze
      That was heat of the moment reaction ha ha. I'm playing again now. Strange how I'm always on the end of them and never get this sort of luck. Mustn't be abiding by the rules of karma somehow, so tomorrow I promise to donate some money to charity and go the shop for bread and milk for my mum.
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze

Why do you call in a 3-way pot with QQ? Just raise, don't slowplay, you'll get burned too often.
    • adymaster
      adymaster
      Bronze
      Its only luck pokerstars i had in my last 3 days only badbeats!I thing 50 ore more...its not possible to play anymore on this site!Good luck!
    • adymaster
      adymaster
      Bronze
      Always an A on the river to many times!!!!!
    • Zakumii
      Zakumii
      Bronze
      You need to read up on strategy. You're limping mediocre hands, you're calling in 3bet pots with the best hand, allowing more people to get into the pot and get lucky on you. These are big leaks.

I can never understand why people don't really invest a lot of their time reading up on strategy, watching videos, listening to live coaching, really dissecting their own play after a bad beats or big pots, learning how to fold their TPTK hands, and then they come on here and make threads about how poker is rigged, or its very unfair.

I mean if you haven't fully mastered the game or even fully understand the game you are playing for REAL money I mean what hope have you really got?? :s_confused:

Z :club: