Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Known players:
      BB:
      $11.11
      Hero:
      $1.73

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.49 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:heart: , J:heart:
      7 folds, Hero raises to $1.73 (All-In), BB calls $1.63.

Ok, before I'm eaten alive, let me say some words to my defense. :D

Few days ago I found some charts by PS.com, with the title "Sklansky-Chubukov-Ranges". I decided to investigate a bit, and found out how to use them, and also that those pushes are always EV > 0.

So, I have 17.3 BB, I'm sitting in the SB and nobody has entered the hand before me. I check my chart, using stacksize 20 BB and position (obviously) SB... It says I can (should?) push with:

22+, A2+, KT+, K9s+, QTs+

So, that's what I did. :)
  • 6 replies
    • alexkz
      alexkz
      Bronze
      nice move :D , but i cant understand why are you using this Sklansky-Chubukov-Ranges on Microlimits??? ?( It can be succesfully used only on NL100+ IMO not on NL10 :D .
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      OK ,you want to do some research,you did. :) but results will not be true on NL100.
      QJs ,you can try steal blinds and fold if not successful.
      Looks like you know your mistake yourself-fold preflop.
      Good luck. :)
      Bronze
      Ha!

Never read the article, did you? I'm pretty sure since you're bronze ;) . This is what it says:

"Of course it might be better to make a normal raise in stead of a push. Pushes are especially profitable with hands that don't have a high playability post flop. These include hands like middle pairs and combinations with a high and a low card, like 55, A2o and K7o. With hands that are strong or have a good playability post flop, you should be more inclined to make a normal raise (unless your stack is 10BB or lower)."

So, ok - it can be marginally profitable, but it's a hell lot better to raise a normal amount.

I have a tip for you ;) . NL10 is sooo donky you just need to tighten up and play your premium hands aggressively to win. Do it. Then, after turning gold, read the mentioned article and use it ;) .
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Ok, of course I never read the article, but hope to be able to read it soon. :D

Then, I take your tip. Stick more to 'standard' SSS, until I move up in limits.
      Bronze
      Good luck at the tables and post some more if you're not sure ;) .
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      this is a good way to increase varience) not -ev however