This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Conversion fee

• LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could calculate this for me as I don't want to wait for support answer or read the not very well explained stuff on FAQ.

Let's say I want to withdraw 100€ from poker to skrill. Poker account is in € naturally here. Skrill account is in $. For simplicity let's say that 1€ = 1$. How much $ will i get once i withdraw due to skrill fees for conversion between currency's?
  • 2 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hi LudiCoka,

Since you said that we'll skip the actual conversion rate, I'll just address the MoneyBookers/Skrill terms.

Starting on the 25th of May MoneyBookers/Skrill have increased their currency exchange fee from 1.99% to 2.49%, so you would be charged 2.49% on top of the exchangerate used at the time of the transaction.

Below I'll quote the actual response I got when inquiring about this a few weeks ago to MoneyBookers/Skrill support:

Please bear in mind that for transactions involving currency conversion Skrill (Moneybookers) adds 2.49%* (1.99% until 25th May.) to our wholesale exchange rates for foreign currency. This charge serves as a protection against the volatility and risk associated with FX markets. The Skrill (Moneybookers) exchange rates are updated on a regular basis throughout the day and you can find more information about this in the "Fees" section on our website.
      Hopefully this helps.

Regards,
      Richard
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      Yeah I read that; the way I see it, if we disregard the rate like I said in this case, it would mean I get 97,51$?

That's a freaking ripoff btw. I will cashout my deposit sum through this skrill as it is required by poker room and then find other ways. Taking in total 6% of my winnings considering all the fees... amazing.