Conversion fee

• LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could calculate this for me as I don't want to wait for support answer or read the not very well explained stuff on FAQ.

Let's say I want to withdraw 100€ from poker to skrill. Poker account is in € naturally here. Skrill account is in $. For simplicity let's say that 1€ = 1$. How much $ will i get once i withdraw due to skrill fees for conversion between currency's?
  • 2 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hi LudiCoka,

Since you said that we'll skip the actual conversion rate, I'll just address the MoneyBookers/Skrill terms.

Starting on the 25th of May MoneyBookers/Skrill have increased their currency exchange fee from 1.99% to 2.49%, so you would be charged 2.49% on top of the exchangerate used at the time of the transaction.

Below I'll quote the actual response I got when inquiring about this a few weeks ago to MoneyBookers/Skrill support:

Please bear in mind that for transactions involving currency conversion Skrill (Moneybookers) adds 2.49%* (1.99% until 25th May.) to our wholesale exchange rates for foreign currency. This charge serves as a protection against the volatility and risk associated with FX markets. The Skrill (Moneybookers) exchange rates are updated on a regular basis throughout the day and you can find more information about this in the "Fees" section on our website.
      Hopefully this helps.

Regards,
      Richard
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      Yeah I read that; the way I see it, if we disregard the rate like I said in this case, it would mean I get 97,51$?

That's a freaking ripoff btw. I will cashout my deposit sum through this skrill as it is required by poker room and then find other ways. Taking in total 6% of my winnings considering all the fees... amazing.