This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL$4 SH; HU IP vs. fish

• inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      The opponent looks fishy after 30 hands (54/7).

Do we cbet here? Valuebet on river?

Thanks
      Matt

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.06)
      BB ($9.79)
      UTG ($2.24)
      UTG+1 ($4.04)
      CO ($4.22)
      Hero ($4.23)

Dealt to Hero A:club: 6:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, BB calls $0.08

FLOP ($0.26) K:spade: 7:spade: 5:heart:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.26) K:spade: 7:spade: 5:heart: A:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.19, BB calls $0.19

RIVER ($0.64) K:spade: 7:spade: 5:heart: A:diamond: 8:spade:

BB checks, Hero checks

Hero shows A:club: 6:diamond: (Pre 61%, Flop 66.4%, Turn 84.1%) BB shows 4:club: 3:club: (Pre 39%, Flop 33.6%, Turn 15.9%) Hero wins $0.60
  • 4 replies
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      You're safe to bet ~$0.30 there, your opponent will call with possible misplayed Kx and 7x which are not that unusual to see. If he raises it's easy fold.

I'm confident ~1/2pot bet/fold is the best river line here even though at first river card seems to hit all draws. Worse still call - lots of fish on NL4. They won't ever check-raise bluff river.
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LudiCoka
      You're safe to bet ~$0.30 there, your opponent will call with possible misplayed Kx and 7x which are not that unusual to see. If he raises it's easy fold.

I'm confident ~1/2pot bet/fold is the best river line here even though at first river card seems to hit all draws. Worse still call - lots of fish on NL4. They won't ever check-raise bluff river.
      Thanks mate, great input.

What about flop? I thought it hit so much of his range it wasn't a good spot to cbet. what's your opinion? If you get called and the turn brings a T, what do you do?
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      If he's calling a lot there's no point in betting flop, loads of draws he won't fold, not to mention pair or even pair + bd str8 draw hands and then you don't know what to do on turn and river even with blanks.

If you did c-bet flop there which I think of as mistake then c/f non-ace turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

Yes, rather CB the flop while you also even have position on him. :)

River is both way fine, depends once again how loose we see the opponent calling us down and if rather not then just Check it behind.

Best Regards.