[NL2-NL10] NL$4 SH; HU IP vs. fish

• inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      The opponent looks fishy after 30 hands (54/7).

Do we cbet here? Valuebet on river?

Thanks
      Matt

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.06)
      BB ($9.79)
      UTG ($2.24)
      UTG+1 ($4.04)
      CO ($4.22)
      Hero ($4.23)

Dealt to Hero A:club: 6:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, BB calls $0.08

FLOP ($0.26) K:spade: 7:spade: 5:heart:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.26) K:spade: 7:spade: 5:heart: A:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.19, BB calls $0.19

RIVER ($0.64) K:spade: 7:spade: 5:heart: A:diamond: 8:spade:

BB checks, Hero checks

Hero shows A:club: 6:diamond: (Pre 61%, Flop 66.4%, Turn 84.1%) BB shows 4:club: 3:club: (Pre 39%, Flop 33.6%, Turn 15.9%) Hero wins $0.60
  • 4 replies
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      You're safe to bet ~$0.30 there, your opponent will call with possible misplayed Kx and 7x which are not that unusual to see. If he raises it's easy fold.

I'm confident ~1/2pot bet/fold is the best river line here even though at first river card seems to hit all draws. Worse still call - lots of fish on NL4. They won't ever check-raise bluff river.
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LudiCoka
      You're safe to bet ~$0.30 there, your opponent will call with possible misplayed Kx and 7x which are not that unusual to see. If he raises it's easy fold.

I'm confident ~1/2pot bet/fold is the best river line here even though at first river card seems to hit all draws. Worse still call - lots of fish on NL4. They won't ever check-raise bluff river.
      Thanks mate, great input.

What about flop? I thought it hit so much of his range it wasn't a good spot to cbet. what's your opinion? If you get called and the turn brings a T, what do you do?
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      If he's calling a lot there's no point in betting flop, loads of draws he won't fold, not to mention pair or even pair + bd str8 draw hands and then you don't know what to do on turn and river even with blanks.

If you did c-bet flop there which I think of as mistake then c/f non-ace turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

Yes, rather CB the flop while you also even have position on him. :)

River is both way fine, depends once again how loose we see the opponent calling us down and if rather not then just Check it behind.

Best Regards.