[NL2-NL10] SSS Basic strategy - Decision regarding continuation bet and stack size

• kolt45
      kolt45
      Bronze
      I have a trash hand and I'm up against one opponent on the flop if I make a continuation bet my remaining stack will be less then half the size of the pot.

1. Make the continuation bet and fold on the turn if my hand is still trash, even though my remaining stack is now less then half the size of the pot?
      2. Push all-in directly instead of making the continuation bet?
  • 6 replies
      Silver
      Less than half size of WHICH pot? Turn pot? It's normal then ;) . If you get called, just don't invest any more money.
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      Dont push with A high/ under PP ( i guess that are the only possibilities for a trash hand on the flop after you were the PF agressor). Bet 1/2 to 2/3 the pot and check/fold if called and your hand didnt improve.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      normally you should try to move in when your stack:pot ratio is 1.5 or lower and you hand has some drawing possibilities

for instance AK on Q 9 7 board

cbet/fold is ok, when you are in wa/wb situation, so you will likely have only 2-3 outs to improve when called

like 88 on AK6 board
    • kolt45
      kolt45
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies.

098799: yep, less then half the size of the pot on the turn.

xylere: Moving all-in when the stack:pot ratio is 1.5 or lower and you hand has some drawing possibilities, is this the correct way to play against multiple opponents or should I only do this if I'm against one opponent?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I'm quite sure that contibet is meant for HU situations only, so trash in a multiway pot is c/f till the end. Unless you have 8+ outs(in this case you should try to move all-in), but 8+ outs is already a draw and not trash anymore, so...
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      yes, i meant HU situations
      only case when you should consider pushing in 3way pot is when you have AK + gutshot (+ bd flush)
      because now you can count at least 8 outs and should play your draw agressively