[NL2-NL10] NL2 fr fold to flop raise

• LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      hi
      played this hand earlier, it kept croping up in ma head a bit, just curious , what u think his range was , i cant see any 2 pair hands , maybe AA or KK but wouldnt he have raised pre with these ? JJ possible , i think he had 10 10 ,or maybe even smalller set , but why raise 2 of us and maybe both of us fold , was he scared of us hiting a higher set maybe ,obv hands like AQ Ak dont make sense , or any smalller pair , 10J+ maybe , i thought at first maybe just a donk trying to bluff , he kept up on turn strong if he was, ! , any idea what was going on here ? would be cool thanx .!
      (edit) oh ye sry was i corect to fold aswell ?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $3.2
      Hero:
      $2.06
      BU:
      $1.1

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, CO folds, BU calls $0.06, SB folds, BB calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.19) T:spade: , 3:heart: , 2:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.12, BU calls $0.12, BB raises to $0.29, Hero folds, BU calls $0.17.

Turn: ($0.89) 6:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.77, BU folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.89
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello LoKKK,

Preflop: Raise 4xBB.
      Postflop: Not much you can do there, I would also Bet/Fold it, you are most likely beat.

Best Regards.
    • LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      why raise *4 , i usually only raise*4 from utg ,utg+1 , nl100 peeps only raise *2.5 from later positions ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by LoKKK
      why raise *4 , i usually only raise*4 from utg ,utg+1 , nl100 peeps only raise *2.5 from later positions ?
      Cause you raise for value and you don't need to balance your lines on those limits.
    • LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      thats not really what i asked , i was wanting to kno why *4 instead of *3 , iv been experimenting with this for a wile now, and i notise when u raise *4 u get to many folds , all u end up geting is stealing the blinds mostly , wich is why i started raising *4 from utg , to stop geting called so light , wich was happening wen i raised *3 from utg .
      I think wen u raise *3 tho from say MP , and u get a caller from say the button or cut off , u can then take it down most times with a c bet semi bluff , so your making extra money than if u had raised *4 and got only folds.
      not trying to be smart but why should i know to take ur answer of raising *4 wen u probably havnt played NL2 for years and proved that *4 raise is more valuable than *3 raise .
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by LoKKK
      thats not really what i asked , i was wanting to kno why *4 instead of *3 , iv been experimenting with this for a wile now, and i notise when u raise *4 u get to many folds , all u end up geting is stealing the blinds mostly , wich is why i started raising *4 from utg , to stop geting called so light , wich was happening wen i raised *3 from utg .
      I think wen u raise *3 tho from say MP , and u get a caller from say the button or cut off , u can then take it down most times with a c bet semi bluff , so your making extra money than if u had raised *4 and got only folds.
      not trying to be smart but why should i know to take ur answer of raising *4 wen u probably havnt played NL2 for years and proved that *4 raise is more valuable than *3 raise .
      As I said cause you don't need to balance your lines and QQ hand wants to get value from weaker hands when we raise them. What's the purpose of the 3x raise?

i notise when u raise *4 u get to many folds

It's not true at all and you are just result oriented. With 3x you also give better implied odds to play vs your strong hands. Don't adjust your raise sizes on low limits but rather do that on higher limits when you moving up, NL2 is way too early for it and I'd say even pointless.
    • LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      yeah ok ill try just raising *4 ,i was starting to do it more often anyway , . the thing that annoys me tho is there a few people rasing *5 and i end up folding alot of hands where i would have normally called (like medium pocket pairs) or i wont even 3 bet them with a very strong hand coz i think they mite have AA , i notise all they achieve is stealing the blinds , so basically from watching these i started to wonder what the best amount to raise should be .
      i think you maybe are corect tho *4 as i say i was starting to do , and think i will carry on , thanx