Easy way to find out positions of the players?

• eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      I may be utterly stupid, but I didn't have this problem while playing on other platforms.. Basically how am I supposed to make a difference between players that folded and players that are sitting out?

See this image for an example:

kierantor1 and Kirasaki have folded, while andutzu ung is sitting out, and if I was multitabling (like I do), and then take a quick peek at it, how should I know that andutzu ung hasn't folded and is actually sitting out?

This really poses a problem for me, because if I take a look at a table, and some guy in a middle-ish position has open-raised, rest has folded, and I'm in lets say BU.. I can't be sure if there is MP2, MP3 - or are they just sitting out?

Obviously while playing small # of tables we can keep this up ourselves, but when multitabling it's hard.. Maybe I'm missing something, and I'm hoping I do.. :/

Hope someone can help.. :)
  • 6 replies
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Hey,

despite I don't play at PokerStars, I'm sure software shows that player is sitting out. This "andutzu ung" guy is probably just waiting for blind = you can consider him being sit out. See that there are no stats around his avatar? Elephant shows you player's stats even though he's sitting out after blinds passes him.
    • Tiltmeifucan
      Tiltmeifucan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JohnDoe1313
      Hey,

despite I don't play at PokerStars, I'm sure software shows that player is sitting out. This "andutzu ung" guy is probably just waiting for blind = you can consider him being sit out. See that there are no stats around his avatar? Elephant shows you player's stats even though he's sitting out after blinds passes him.
      +1
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by eXtremeACE
      Basically how am I supposed to make a difference between players that folded and players that are sitting out?
      Stars puts "sitting out" in place of stack size if a player has posted at least one blind then sat out. I think that the other players are correct in stating that the marked player is waiting for his first BB
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      First off, sorry guys I forgot on this thread.. :f_eek:

Hey, despite I don't play at PokerStars, I'm sure software shows that player is sitting out. This "andutzu ung" guy is probably just waiting for blind = you can consider him being sit out.

Yes, you're all right about this.. The thing is, even if I can now differentiate between players who haven't payed blinds and are still sitting out (they are the ones with "sitting out" in front of their chip stack) and between the ones who are waiting to pay (they don't have that sitting out mark).

If I'm in BU, and in MP2 and MP3 are both players that have just got in and are waiting for a blinds to pay them.. MP1 open raises.. My focus is entirely on some other tables, and when action is to me I look at this table and I see that MP1 has open raised and I don't know if MP2 and MP3 were in a game and folded, or if they haven't yet payed the blinds.. See what you mean?

See that there are no stats around his avatar? Elephant shows you player's stats even though he's sitting out after blinds passes him.

This might help.. So you're saying that if a guy joins and waits for a blinds to pay, his stats won't be showed?

Cheers
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by eXtremeACE
      See that there are no stats around his avatar? Elephant shows you player's stats even though he's sitting out after blinds passes him.

This might help.. So you're saying that if a guy joins and waits for a blinds to pay, his stats won't be showed?
      Actually, I think it does, if you have played with him previously and his name shows in the hand history, I think Elephant will show his stats, but not really sure about this.

Also when a player busts, but he manually rebuys, I think he will be showing up as sitting out, but as soon as he rebuys, while another hand is going the sitting out is removed, so if you didn't catch it, then you might think that the player just folded that hand.

Correct me where I am wrong. I never paid attention to these things, but sometimes they can make you fold a hand when someone raised UTG, but in fact people just weren't dealt in the hand.
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Originally posted by Krishjanis
      Actually, I think it does, if you have played with him previously and his name shows in the hand history, I think Elephant will show his stats, but not really sure about this.
      No, it doesn't. HEM does.