Leito99's 6 max hyper blog

• Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      Alright I wont bother with a big intro. Just want a blog for some extra motivation.

Im done with college so I have 3 months to play poker and make as much money as i can

Goals for June:

[ ] Play 160 hours of poker
      [ ] Start sessions with reviewing 10 marked hands
      [ ] Earn $3k
      [ ] Stay sane while doing it

I know monetary goals aren't recomended but whatever..

My plan is to play 3 hours every morning when i wake up and 4 hours before I go to sleep in the evenings. I will take a break on thursday evenings and friday morning in order to recharge the batteries fully for crushing fish on weekends :s_biggrin: . I will try to hopefully stay away from poker in the midday so it wont affect me too much in the rest of my life.
      In the rest of my life I hope to get very fit and train a lot in kickboxing and mma so in rl specific goal:

[ ] Go to 24 (2hour) mma classes.

To motivate myself more:

If I earn $3k I will reward myself by bying myself an Xbox 360.
      If I earn $3.5k I will also get coaching.

Time to flip some money in those hyperturbos!
  • 122 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Short and concise, that works I suppose...

Welcome to blogging nonetheless.

What kind of BR will you be starting with? What limits? What BRM?

I sent you a friend request as there's something I need to ask of you, please accept it.

Regards,
      Richard
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      Accepted.

I play limits that I have at least 100BIs for but since I mix limits to get better action my AB ends up at about 160BIs. Now I play 10s and 20s and 5s in special circumstances like starting up the session/too many regs.

My internet was messed up so I started today with a 7 hour session.

I set myself a goal to not look at my bankroll in the whole session.
      Usually I fail by taking a peak at HM results while I have no action but this time I played 5 tables instead of usual 6 and had episodes of that 70s show playing where the 6th table should be. I ended up watching about 15 episodes. This made the session much more entertaining. I also achieved the goal of not looking at my cashier.

It was exciting at the end of my session to look at my graph as i actually had no idea what to expect.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I love this new system. Its less stressfull not looking at the cashier so less tilt and more good decisions.

Although my red line is broken Im almost certain I ran under EV which gives more positives to not looking at the cashier.
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      Some good ideas to bring some rungood! (not that im running badly now)

If I make it to $4k i'll donate $100 to charity!

If I make it to $5k i'll break $100 into 20 $5s and walk around town giving it to random people with some friends for fun! :D
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      The last goal sounds great :s_cool: Video it imo :D
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Just for a clarification, if you reach $5k, you will do both of the $100 donations, right? Not just the latter?

And also, thank you.
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      Yeah, I will do both if I get to the $5k...

But the last hour doesn't give much optimism about me hitting the $5k target..

Yep.. ran shit.. :evil:

Played some 40s for the first time and quickly lost 8 buyins in them after 30 games which is one of the contributions to the big drop

This is my overall graph since the start of the challenge

I will take out my anger tomorrow in MMA!

Actually who am I kidding, Im gonna go outside and scream at little kids in my neighbourhood.
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      haha yes hyper turbos are the new crazy, and i also do kickboxing, gl sir :f_biggrin:
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      Played a 9 hour session today like a true degenerate! :P

Its becoming a bit of a habit that the green line goes up at the start of the session then down... I wonder if it could be because I'm getting tired towards the end.. Shouldn't be cuz i take small breaks every 2 hours or so but then again I do finish when the sun rises and I hear neighbours going to work and stuff... but then again I do wake up at an average of 4pm.. enough rambling :s_confused:

So far in the challenge I'm putting in the volume like a boss but my hourly is less than McDonalds... $3.5/hour. The green line is swinging up and down frequently though so its not too big of a deal. This kinda shows 1k games is a very small sample.

I was looking forward to a $100 bonus in the Top250 pokerstrategy promotion due to my "decent" volume and "decently" raking hyper turbos but found out that 888poker doesnt count for that promotion. WHY POKERSTRATEGY WHY??? :f_cry:

Game of Thrones got great reviews from my friends. I will probably watch both seasons during my next 3 poker sessions.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Was going to ask you what room you're playing at but now that you've mentioned 888 I don't have to.

What's the player skill like on these limits? I remember playing a bunch of micro limit hypers at the start of the year but the RNG took a strong disliking to me very early on :(
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Was going to ask you what room you're playing at but now that you've mentioned 888 I don't have to.

What's the player skill like on these limits? I remember playing a bunch of micro limit hypers at the start of the year but the RNG took a strong disliking to me very early on :(
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      The games are decent, softer than on pokerstars by a good bit but there are a couple of good regs

The bad thing is their VIP program is horrible.. Im getting 2% rakeback on the thousand i raked since i started the challenge so you can imagine its not great
      But since I dont play regularly i dont think i would get good rakeback anywhere so i may as well settle for this :P

Also, It's really hard to table select because they only have one game available to join at a certain buyin. once that game start they open up a new one so its hard to avoid the regs
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      Just another day at the office...

Downloaded the trial for HM2 today and it really confuses me
      I imported all the hands but I was tryiing to check out my graph and $EV but I couldnt get it in like an hour.. How do you even check a graph in HM2? :f_confused:

At the end of the month when I finish the challenge I think I will go bonus whoring on ongame skins playing their hyperturbos which are disguised as "turbos" ... cheeky turbos with 3 minute blinds...
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Nice day at the office then!

I have played a smaller number of the cheeky turbos at Ongame and they are LOLsoft at the micros at least!
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Nice shiny avatar!

I've not got HEM at this comp, but if no one has helped later tonight (It will be quite late) I can try to write it up.

If I don't manage that, I'll be sure to do it tomorrow for you though!
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      @Holly
      The 11s were reg infested a year ago when i played them so I hope you are right! :f_p:

@fruktpuff
      Thanks for the offer but it would be too much effort for you. Im sure I could find instructions on their website whenever I decide I wanna use HM2.

Just watched Poland vs Greece. It was a great start to the tournament, great match!
      And I placed 2 bets on the match too which I won.

Had $40 on Poland getting more corners, results 4-3, and $10 on the draw at 3.20!

Russia vs Czech Republic up next in 30 minutes.

Have a $10 on the draw in that game too.

I'm expecting Russia to attack for longer periods of the game cuz I dont thiink Czech Republic are any good but the Czechs do have the best keeper in the world!!! Petr cech in goals so he will keep them in contention to qualify in the group and earn them a draw. The russians lack in creativity as well so i'd say it be a boring game that ends 0-0 or 1-1.

Since i dont expect excitement I will probably watch it while reviewing hands so Ill be ready for my daily 7hours session afterwards. At the current volume pace I will get over 200 hours this month!
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      As I expected, Russia attacked for longer periods of the game but Czech Republic's shambolic defending gave Petr Cech no chance to work his magic and keep them in the game :P .. result 4-1.

Tomorrow's games:

I think Germany and Netherlands will win. Germany may be a bit demoralised from many of the players losing the champions league final but portugal are overrated imo. Denmark may be hard to break down but Holland should eventually do the job. I have $10 on germany at 2.10 but the odds on Holland win are too low. Instead I put $10 on denmark having more corners at odds of 4.33 which is quite a likely possibility if Holland show good finishing and score early.. cuz then denmark will attack as they'll have nothing to lose... A bit hopefull but not as hopeful as some Irish friends who think Ireland will qualify from their group!

Poker results are shitter than Czech Republics defence... I ran bad at the 40s losing 17BIs which means that I'm in a loss since starting the challenge after over 1100 games.. Godammit! :s_mad:

Something major needs to change...

Firstly, I will try change my sleeping schedule which will involve going from a night owl going to sleep at 8am to a more "natural" sleeping schedule

I hope I can change that and go back to what I originally planned and play a 3hour session in the morning and one in the evening from 9pm-1am. This way I can get some of that good melatonin stuff :s_biggrin:

If this fails too I will have to change something major ... move to turbo sngs? maybe even normal sngs?

If that fails then I will definitely try become a fixed limit badugi pro :f_p:
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      Nothing major happening today.......

.......except having my first $1k winning day! :f_cool:
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Nice result man
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER