[NL2-NL10] 33 facing an opponent who's probably bluffing

• coconauta
      Hello, I stopped playing poker for a while and I'm starting it again, so I'm gonna post some hands because I'm really insecure due to my lack of practice and need second opinions, I hope you don't bother.

PokerStars - $0.02 NL ZOOM - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $2.12
      SB: $6.57
      BB: $2.41
      UTG: $1.55
      UTG+1: $2.00
      UTG+2: $3.47
      Hero (MP): $2.00
      MP+1: $3.93
      CO: $2.08

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has 3:spade: 3:heart:

fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.19, 2 players) J:club: 2:club: 8:diamond:
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0.12, UTG+2 calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.43, 2 players) 8:spade:
      UTG+2 bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.54, UTG+2 calls $0.42

River: ($1.51, 2 players) T:diamond:
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $1.26 and is all-in, fold

Hero wins $1.46

My question is: Is the weak raise probably a blocking bet? Is it worth to be agressive in this hand the way I was, expecting his range to be mainly draws?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello coconauta,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Feel free to post as many hands you want, that's what I am here for. :f_cool:

Preflop: Most likely with such a weak hand you could just limp in from that position, the hand puts you into uncomfortable situations as postflop play proves.

As played
      Turn: Not a huge fan of raising the turn, especially where you can't really represent anything. Doubt that he is ever folding the Jx and very thin value with FDs.

As played
      River: From how many worse do you get called? Do you ever see him folding a Jx? :) For example I don't.

Best Regards.