$50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players -

SB: $50.00
      Hero (BB): $90.80
      UTG: $51.12
      CO: $21.91
      BTN: $54.52

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with Q :club: A :club:
      3 folds, SB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3.00) A :diamond: 2 :diamond: 4 :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

Turn: ($7.50) 5 :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5.00, SB raises to $15, Hero ???

SB
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Guess I'd just Call him down cause his Check/Raise doesn't make sense, if he really had a made hand wouldn't he want to protect it?

Also very important to know the dynamics here between you 2 and your image.

Best Regards.
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi guys, do we call any on any river- any sizing given there are 2 FDs that might hit and 4 to a straight? Doesn't make sense at all for a FD to be played that way imo, but just asking.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by kurrkabin
      Hi guys, do we call any on any river- any sizing given there are 2 FDs that might hit and 4 to a straight? Doesn't make sense at all for a FD to be played that way imo, but just asking.
      It could still be A:hX which plays this way, so I wouldn't exclude it. one is very unlikely, so I'd plan to fold most likely on any but any other one I'd Call him down unless hero tells more story about his play. :D

Another of course would be to pick safe option and just Bet/Fold it, especially if hero had rather tighter image and not very aggressive side.
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      his Check/Raise doesn't make sense, if he really had a made hand wouldn't he want to protect it?
      Although no special dynamics as I remember, and he wasnt really a spewy type before, but that was my problem with his line... :)
      Nevertheless I bet/folded here, trying to avoid levelling myself against a not really sophisticated opponent...

One more question, if we think it is a flushdraw often enough to make a call on the turn, and call on a blank river profitable, wouldnt be a better option to 3bet/broke on the turn?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      Originally posted by veriz
      his Check/Raise doesn't make sense, if he really had a made hand wouldn't he want to protect it?
      Although no special dynamics as I remember, and he wasnt really a spewy type before, but that was my problem with his line... :)
      Nevertheless I bet/folded here, trying to avoid levelling myself against a not really sophisticated opponent...

One more question, if we think it is a flushdraw often enough to make a call on the turn, and call on a blank river profitable, wouldnt be a better option to 3bet/broke on the turn?
      He isn't going to continue with bluffs I assume, that's also the idea of keeping his range wide when you Calling vs him. And yes, Bet/Folding in those spots is most likely the safest option without knowing much about him.