Introducing myself!

• Stu24023
      Stu24023
      Bronze
      hi all,

I am new to Poker and have an account at PartyPoker.

I have watched your beginner videos and read the articles, but have not yet done the quiz as I am uncertain what site to send the potential bonus to.... Suggestions welcomed!!!!

Since reading and digesting the articles I have entered a couple of free rolls sng and finished in the bottom 33% all three times which I am happy with.

I am eager to learn more and get competent with this game.

I welcome comments, advice and suggestions.

I am not expecting to become a pro in a week or anything like that, my interest is the cerebral element of the game.

I look forward to speaking and playing some of you!!
  • 11 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Stu24023
      I have watched your beginner videos and read the articles, but have not yet done the quiz as I am uncertain what site to send the potential bonus to.... Suggestions welcomed!!!!
      Hi Stu!
      Welcome!

There is a host of material here:
      Choosing the right Poker Room for you!

That might help you decide which room to go to.

Great to have you on the site, and good luck!

--VS
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey Stu,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com

It's a pleasure to have you with us, hope you enjoy your time here, if you get stuck with anything just give me a shout and i'll see what i can do to help you out :)

So tell me, what attracted you to poker? Seen some tournaments on TV? Always wanted to get involved but never actually tried until recently?

Anyway you are most definitely in the right place if you want to learn and improve have you read any of our blogs yet? They are the stories of a lot of our players here from beginners like yourself (maybe you could find a couple buddies to study with) to our high rollers who could really inspire you to become the best you can possibly be.

All the best
      Carl
    • Stu24023
      Stu24023
      Bronze
      I suppose what got me into it was watching the pros on tv and knowing that it as much about skill as it is luck!

I like learning becoming proficient and then getting good at things, and this is defiantly a game that no matter what time day or night I can play and hopefully win!!

I will brave the quiz soon but am still unsure what site to put the money in! I would of considered party poker but I already have an account so I do not know if te bonus would be applicable!!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Stu!

Welcome to the forum :)

Party Poker is not available on our free $50 offer at the minute and you wouldn't have been able to choose it as you've previously held an account there.

Here is a list of available rooms for the free $50 so once you have passed the quiz you can choose then ;)

Best of luck,
      Gary
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Stu,

Welcome to our community!

You can find the current free $50 poker partner rooms here and yes, if you have an account already at one of those rooms, you won't be able to receive the free $50 there. Keep in mind that we can not re-track existing poker accounts.

Since Party Poker is not available in the free $50 promotion at the moment I would suggest you choose a room where the traffic is available for sng's. If it is what you playing currently? Thankfully all available rooms offer enough sng tables for beginners! :)

Regarding the quiz, you'll have 5 chances to pass. It's not as difficult as you would imagine it and the answers are all given in the articles. Have a good read through and off you go!

Looking forward to hear more from you.
      Ingrid
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      yo
    • Stu24023
      Stu24023
      Bronze
      I'm thinking of sng and nl he!

In terms of rooms I can't do betfair or wh for the bonus!

Which rooms are good for initial br growth as rake is not an issue at this time!
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Stu,

I suggest you ask here;

Choosing the right Poker Room for you!

where an expert on these things will help you out.

regards,

Mal.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello and welcome :)

Roo
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      Ship it
    • ronalodo
      ronalodo
      Basic
      Welcome to pokerstrategy forum. Enjoy your time here. I am also a new member, I found this great board and read lots of good topic posted by the board members.