Alias (importance?)

• diamonddaz
      diamonddaz
      Bronze
      hi there i was recently playing under an alias called absolutesh*t and was doing very well in tournaments and s&g s and making constant/consistant profit but unfortuantely someone took offence to it (probably someone with sour grapes):( and reported it therefore my skin on ipoker change it too a number without warning. i am furious because they say an alias shouldnt effect gameplay i say it does because i think a big part of poker play is just as physcological online as it is live and the alias is an important part of that in my opinion what do you guys/girls think ??? needless to say im not playing well now and players are playing better against me
  • 9 replies
    • diamonddaz
      diamonddaz
      Bronze
      http://pokerprolabs.com/absoluteshit/iPoker
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi diamonddaz,

I've moved your thread to the relevant board ;)

Personally I think there has been a little over-reaction here. Have you contacted the skin to ask why this was removed? Maybe you have breached some terms and conditions regarding alias' that you may not have been aware about?

Regards,
      Gary
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      I say fuck yeah, they can change my alias every day, I don't give a shit, It's like being deleted from everyone's HUD. You should be happy, right now no one has any stats on you.
    • diamonddaz
      diamonddaz
      Bronze
      hi and thankyou 4 posts it was removed due to one player complaint. My point is the alias has some sort of sub conscience power over other players on table if you have the right one. Does anyone else believe this?
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      No, lol I think you are reading way toooooooooo much into a name. So you are telling me you are in a big pot and you look across the virtual felt and see a dude named BLUFFTASTIC

do you go sweet I am all in because of his name ..............

Or do you go omgggggggggggg his name clearly is reverse psycology, he is not a bluffer.

No, people who do not know the game, will always do what they do. People who do know the game will always look at your style of play rather than anything. They may glance at your name to decide if you are funny, retarded, boring maybe. That is about it.

If you do not like that name request a new one.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ArkhamAsylum
      No, lol I think you are reading way toooooooooo much into a name. So you are telling me you are in a big pot and you look across the virtual felt and see a dude named BLUFFTASTIC

do you go sweet I am all in because of his name ..............

Or do you go omgggggggggggg his name clearly is reverse psycology, he is not a bluffer.

No, people who do not know the game, will always do what they do. People who do know the game will always look at your style of play rather than anything. They may glance at your name to decide if you are funny, retarded, boring maybe. That is about it.

If you do not like that name request a new one.
      +1
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi diamonddaz

Like the other guys, I wouldn't worry about my name to much. You are a "new" player to them now and can take advantage of them. Like Krish said, no one has stats of you anymore.

Maybe you can try to contact your skin and ask if you can change your name in something else? I don't know if they'll let you, but it's worth giving it a shot.

Regards

RasTweet
    • diamonddaz
      diamonddaz
      Bronze
      I am in negotiations with skin but disagree with you guys about the alias obviously u are either pros or experience players and a name of whatever shouldn't effect you. But inexperience to medium players do get effected they subconsciously give you chips all because your name and play irritates them and makes them play illogical . Tom dwan used an alias durrr and he believed that alias + his gameplay was easy to put players on tilt his alias durrr was hugely important in him making money on the cash tables cos it upset people who used to type durr in chat box b4 giving them there cash cos they don't believe he has the nuts :s_biggrin:
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Diamonddaz

I don't look at player names tbh. If you'd ask me for a name of a reg or fish on limits I wouldn't be able to give you one. This isn't good I know. But I've also seen coaches and other players coveer the name of a villain with their HUD...

And it's like I said before, you could ask the skin to change your name on which you both agree on. It's no use to 'fight' the skin, it's a battle you'll never win.

NOTE: sorry for any typo's I'm on my phone.

Regards

RasTweet