Syncronise your breaks ffs

• bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      What is with the non-syncronised tournament breaks?

The worst thing is in the lobby's where it says next break in.... it always says there is one coming up at 5 before the hour but then it just carries on and you come back from a shit/coffee/breakfast having missed a whole lot of hands

Such a heinously annoying problem with such a simple fix

It's 2012, people play more than 1 table now X( X( X( X(
  • 16 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I feel your pain!

Have you complained to the room itself?

If it is Party Poker, bark at them using either:
      info@partypoker.com or
      tech@partypoker.com if you think it might be a tech issue.

I don't know for WPT

Good Luck!
      --VS
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thanks Vorpal :)

Did you contact them yet bradomurder? Would be nice to hear how they respond.

Gary
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      thanks for reminding me, just sent a message i'll update if and when they respond

I'm expecting something like:

"thankyou for your suggestion, our team will consider it and probably do nothing

regards

WPT"

but you never know
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      thanks for reminding me, just sent a message i'll update if and when they respond

I'm expecting something like:

"thankyou for your suggestion, our team will consider it and probably do nothing

regards

WPT"

but you never know
      No worries, do let us know what they say :)

You never know!

#OneTime
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Hi,

I am a reasonably high volume player and I have been playing your tournaments lately. As I play multipul tournaments at a time and for long session it is quite important to me to have syncronised breaks.

For 1 thing it seems like tournaments that start within 30 minutes (or more?) of a break dont break at the first hour. Other tournaments are not syncronised at all.

I don't know why this annoying problem exists when the fix would be so so easy but do I know that I (and I assume a lot of other players) would play far more tournaments if the breaks were syncronised.

Can something be done about this?

Regards

Brad Sandilands

Their response:

Dear Bradley,

Thank you for contacting Customer Service.

I would like to confirm that we have synchronised breaks at the 55th minute of every hour for all tournaments who have synchronised break mentioned in their tournament lobby. However if a tournament allows late registration and it continues throughout the first hour and the first 55th minute period, then the break will be delayed until the next 55th minute. For example: you register into a late registration game which starts at 15:30 and has late registration until 16:15, the game will have its first break at 16:55 instead of 15:55 due to the late registration.

If you have further queries about the break schedule of the games and how they function, please provide us with tournament ids to check in particular (the number starting with 2 from the tournament lobby title).

In case you have further questions, we will be more than happy to assist you. We are available 24/7.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site.

Best regards,

so there you have it, I guess i'll shit before I start my session and have food next to my computer
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      seems like they didnt even read my message, i'm gonna reply again, just to be annoying.

I don't want to do too much though in case they tweak the RNG against me
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thanks for the update Brad! Hope you can get a further answer :)
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Well their support is fast at least.

I sent another message outlining the fact that grinding is impossible with the current system. He said he would forward it to the "team" that does the scheduling and see if something can be done.

At the end of the day I still think playing here and missing 2 or 3 hands every hour is still so much more profitable than a stars tournament of the same buy in so I guess i'll stick with it.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Well at least that's something :)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Any news with this since Brad?
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      wow, few months have passed since I did this, I've been playing cash and sng on different sites. today I fired up some MTTs, break time comes around and ALL MY TABLES stop at the same time.

Well done WPT
    • MissNatalia
      MissNatalia
      Bronze
      Hi bradomurder,

PartyPoker has contacted me today saying the haven't forgotten to reply to you neither to stop looking into the described problem. They expect to have some more concrete information this week.

As soon as they know they will let me know.

Thanks,
      nat.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Maybe you misunderstood me, what I'm saying is that it is way better now, almost all the tables are synchronised now
    • MissNatalia
      MissNatalia
      Bronze
      OK, that's good!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Excellent news here :)
    • yro77
      yro77
      Bronze
      What the hell till which hour will be WPT down?

Edit: It works me for me now.