This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Achievable ROIs in turbo 6-max SNGs on Stars?

• 2 replies
    • faarcyde
      faarcyde
      Bronze
      All depends on number of tables. If you are playing optimally within your skill limit I would say:

Low stakes: 7-8 percent
      Mid stakes: 6-7 percent
      High stakes: 4-6 percent
    • Flashman1849
      Flashman1849
      Bronze
      Thanks for your reply (and for your videos too, by the way - always helpful and entertaining), as this information will help me decide which tournament format to concentrate on.

What prompted me to ask is that based on a limited sample (of 168 games) it seems that the frequency of all-in showdowns, and the consequent variance, is much higher than in the non-turbos, for levels up to $30 of which I've always managed to obtain a good positive ROI in under a hundred games - while on the turbo six-mans I'm still break-even at 0.3%. (And the higher frequency of "flips" seems to frustrate me a little more.)

Having said that, even assuming a true ROI of 7.5% there seems to be about a 25% chance of obtaining results at least this bad over such a small sample. Back to the grind...