$3.44
      BB:
      $4.16
      MP3 (Hero):
      $6.16
      CO:
      $6.46

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 2, 2.
      Hero raises to $0.16, CO calls $0.16, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.38) K, 2, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.78) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.40, CO raises to $2.20, Hero raises to $3.00, CO raises to $6.70, Hero calls $2.80.

River: ($12.68) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $12.68.

I know that when this Villain 3bets me small on the turn has a very strong hand but can i really fold in this spot ?
      P.S. Please do not comment on the rasing size from my side... i was just trying my luck by adding two more tables that day!
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Deomedes,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

About the play why do you Check/Call? Bet/Bet/Bet and so easy is poker. :) Nor I don't get the idea of the min-raises at all... hopefully you did get yourself that already that it's not really a good move if not then remove it from your gameplay. You are giving very good odds for a draw.

Best Regards.
    • Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      Hello guys, thnx for the welcome.
      The idea behind check-call (although not solid) is that there are not any draws out there and only a high king is going to pay you off and maybe some stubborn second pocket pairs but only for one street of value. Ofcourse, the line i am taking is really strong in any decent players eyes: check-call flop, after raising pre-flop and check-raise turn but it is just the micros in situations like that.
      What i mean with that? I mean that the king is going to pay you anyway so let him catch any ace ,if he got no king, or make two pairs and he will be more inclined to pay you then because he won't hear you screaming i have a monster any line you decide to take. Isn't it the whole concept behind zero level of thinking?
      As far as the min-raises are conserned it was an obvious mistake that i didn't even remember doing... I must got heavy action on the other tables but that's not an excuse, i will work on it.
      For me the real question remains... can i fold in this spot just by knowing that villain has a hand that he perceives as Very Strong IN THE MICROS?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      if you think he's good you should at least cbet flop, check/raise turn so that you get value from his floats
      if he's not good he probably doesn't care too much about what you have so just keep betting strongly to get his stack

as played, well, you'd need to know that he really is solid because as far as average NL4 goes "very strong" in his eyes could even be KQ
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, rather Bet yourself, if he has a hand he is willing to pay and if he doesn't he wont pay you much anyways. :( Therefore don't pick such lines as Check/Call with the nuts, they are really easy to read if you once Check/Raise the turn and are against reasonable opponent.

And nope, we ain't folding here. It's of course ugly to see his raises but if you played it this way you are never folding here.
    • Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      Thnx for the replies guys you got me thinking straight.
      There were little to be donethan to bet myself on the flop and extract value if there was any. Actually my biggest problem after confusing my self has to be results oriented thinking but working on that...
      Anyways, just for the history, any line I was taking in this particular hand he had slowplayed Kings preflop, so I was drawing dead.
      But as you said couldn't do much about it.