This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 88

• Musematte
      Musematte
      Bronze
      888 Poker - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $2.00
      UTG: $2.29
      Hero (MP): $2.07
      CO: $2.10
      BTN: $1.78
      SB: $2.18

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02, CO posts DB $0.03

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has 8:diamond: 8:spade:

UTG calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06, fold

Flop: ($0.29, 3 players) 3:diamond: K:spade: 5:diamond:
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.14, fold, BB calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.57, 2 players) K:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.28, BB calls $0.28

River: ($1.13, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero checks

RESULTS:
      BB shows 7:diamond: A:diamond: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 32%, Flop 44%, Turn 23%)
      Hero mucks 8:diamond: 8:spade: (Two Pair, Kings and Eights) (Pre 68%, Flop 56%, Turn 77%)
      BB wins $1.06

Flop:
      Think this was a scary flop considering that he could have a King or a higher pair, but he checked so i went for a C-bet to protect my pair

Turn: I was pretty confident that i was ahead at this point and bet again

River: Calling so many times he would most certainly have something that was better that I had, expacialy since the diamond came, so checking seemed right.

How was my bet sizing? Since i had a medium pair, maybe i should check at the flop to keep the pot small. Because i dont want to get into large pots with just a medium pair.

And what if he bet like 0.2$ at the river. Should i call?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Musematte,

Preflop: I'd isolate even bigger here while CO posts a dead blind and UTG limps, even $0,12.
      Postflop: I'd still Bet the flop & turn a bit bigger to protect our hand from draws which could be very likely to happen while the K made him less likely to have a hand.

If he Bet the river I'd most likely just fold cause I doubt that we are going to beat much there.

Best Regards.