CO: $12.50

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has 9:club: 9:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.62, fold, BB calls $0.37

Flop: ($1.34, 2 players) 4:club: 2:club: Q:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.85, BB raises to $2.75, Hero raises to $6.00,
      93 hands 23/17
      fold bb 5/5
      i try to think here what does he raise with, he could have some small pairs he is trying to bluff, he has some sets in his range and a few flush draws.
      i think by rasing here i mostly iso my self vs better and the only better hands i fold are Q9 QT Q8s.
      is a call better to keep his worse hands in play? all his bluff which i dont want to fold because i have sd value against them?
  • 2 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I don't think you get any Qx to fold because he doesn't c/r weak Qx for value. Not as a default anyway.

His range will usually consist of Q :club: X :club: , sets, some FDs and the weakest hands will be some K :spade: J :spade: , A :spade: X :spade: imo. Against that range, I prefer folding without knowing how he continues his play on the turn (fire all, stop bluffing, fire turned equity, stop when hitting pair, etc.)

If you know someone like this you can consider checking back hands that don't have many overcards to them, like JJ here since he plays well vs cbets. 99 is right in the middle since there are lots of hands you like to fold out that you still have beat.

I think cbet and give up vs action is best here. If you want to create a bluff 3betting range do it with hands that have blockers to hands he can stack off pre like 2x, 4x (set blockers) A :club: (NFD blocker) and hands you can stack off like NFD, FD + over like KTc, KJc, sets, QcXc.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello xoshix33,

Stats ain't really important here cause you didn't point out anything useful.

As long he can't really represent anything on the flop with his Check/Raise cause I would assume that you ain't gonna see that often them Check/Raising Qx hands here for value I'd also plan to continue. I would assume he is still capable of turning some PPs even into bluff here which we could beat and of course some FD/backdoor type of hands.

I'd plan to Call the flop and keep his range wide, we also have the 9 which blocks on of his outs and our backdoor could sometimes even be working out for our side by allowing floating him more looser on the turn. For example what would you do here with TP? I would assume you'd Call as well?

Another possibility would be to make our hand to play easily by just 3betting it. But then he case is that what about opponents Check/Shoving range? He might have something like overcard+nutFD or whatsoever which is playing aggressively. So therefore I would depend so far on his overall aggression.

And of course if he is rather passive guy and I would more often assume he wont pick fancy plays here I'd just Bet/Fold it. :)

Best Regards.