• 5 replies
      Hey crodady!

Welcome to the beginners course!

You have come to the right place to get those leaks plugged! This is the place to be oif you wanna improve yourself as a player.

Don't forget to post your homework 1 to get the ball rolling!

Best of luck,
    • crodady
      ty on welcome Gary

lets start...ill use my words for short answers :f_cool:

Q1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      A1: if i become high stack grinder i wont need to work hard psyhical job here in Croatia...i want travel all around the world and grind in every country in europe
      Q2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      A2: fast goes on tilt,not patient,concentration,

Q3: What does it mean to play tight aggresive?
      A3: playing selective strong hands preflop and play agresive postflop

hope there is enought words in answers :D
    • veriz
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Another option against tilt is to set yourself shorter sessions which might avoid you from tilting. If you playing longer sessions then it's more likely that during that session you can get upset. So work on your game and try to find out what makes you tilt and try to fight against it.

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Impatience is actually a huge leak for a lot of poker players. You have to find yourself a way how you gonna ignore it or make it disappear. Try every time remind yourself! Forcing into your life to be more patient in any activity you do, not only poker. Force! Force! Force! Always remind what you came to do and the patience will just help you earning more salary not the opposite. The more you practice, the more you will get used to it and even at some point realize that you even ignoring it.

Lack of concentration is a common leak for beginners. Listening music, watching TV, reading forums, although people don't understand that those kind of distractions will just make you lose more money. Ain't ya there for win money? :) So act like that and force yourself always close all kind of distractions and try to stay concentrated on the tables. Everyone will find their own way how they are able to concentrate more. Try remind yourself often what you are doing on the tables and keep it this way. With time you will get used to it.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.
    • crodady
      ty for welcome Veriz

Here is my 2.Homework

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

I could open raise with wider range of hand from button and CO with tight sb and bb and maybe raise small pairs from early position

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

Equity of AKo against that range is about 46%
    • veriz
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

I assume you are mainly talking about stealing. For that reason I totally agree with you about the stealing ranges. Against specific opponents we adjust, either wider range or tighter range. Against some shorties you can even steal with smaller raise, for example 3xBB. But don't overdo the stealing situations. Sometimes you might just put yourself into too many difficult spots if opening with marginal hands. As for example stealing too many hands from SB and being out of position.

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Hopefully you enjoy the Course so far.