[NL2-NL10] KK vs possible ace

• legand73
      Known players:

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , K:diamond:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.15, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.45, MP3 calls $0.30.
      Think it's a standard 3bet preflop with KK and i assume i'm up against AQs+, AKo, JJ+ maybe KQs.

Flop: ($0.92) A:heart: , 6:club: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.4, Hero calls $0.40.

I don't really like my check here at all but granted that i have checked, should i have raised his bet bet here? to see if i am up against an ace then re evaluate on the turn?

Turn: ($1.72) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.6, Hero calls $0.60.

If i hadn't have hit this king on the turn would I have had to let this go? because a pair less than an ace would probably be scared of the ace so he should have checked on the turn right?

River: ($2.92) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.45, MP3 calls $1.45.

Final Pot: $5.82
  • 2 replies
    • Tomaloc
      looks like you missed quite some value :f_frown:

preflop 3bet higher, he can setmine you there while being IP and stacks are a bit deeper
      this flop sucks. i think i'd cbet, c/c turn, c/f river while he has some Ax, depends on how you see him if he's capable of taking stabs or not

as played c/r turn and hope he has something, if you make it 1.8 (which isn't a whole lot) you can shove most rivers. i'd go with 2.34 to protect better
    • veriz
      Hello legand73,

Preflop: 3bet it bigger, especially being even a bit deeper and OOP.

As played
      Postflop: I'd Check/Raise the turn! Which is kind of must to do so to get all his stack while he continues anyways if he has the Ace and if not he wont pay much.

Best Regards.