$50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -

BB: $99.77
      UTG: $96.60
      MP: $112.08
      Hero (CO): $49.75
      BTN: $55.85
      SB: $47.25

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with Q :diamond: Q :club:
      UTG raises to $1.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.75, BTN calls $1.75, 1 fold, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($7.25) 5 :heart: J :club: T :club: (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG bets $5.43, Hero calls $5.43, BTN calls $5.43, BB folds

Turn: ($23.54) 5 :diamond: (3 players)
      UTG bets $16.50, Hero folds, BTN folds

BTN 19/13 regular

BB 51/6 fish

UTG

Preflop I didnt want to go broke with QQ against his UTG open, best I could hope for is AK, but could isolate myself against KK+ range. With flatting I can keep his range wider, and play with position postflop.
      After UTG cbetting a drawheavy flop 4way, it's very strong, bottom of his range is AJ or some combodraw. Is it a good plan to call once on the flop, and give up unimproved to further aggression from UTG?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Actually I am not sure if I would be calling in first place on the flop cause you also block the Q which kicks out A:cQ/K:cQ and leaves A:cK and AJ hand which you beat. I would assume he is going to 2nd barrel again therefore it's kind of trouble and as it seems if the guy seems to be CBetting the turn then he almost always is CBetting river as well. So might even be safer option to just leave the pot alone while it's not the best one for us and will be tough to call-down and being in sandwich position while some people are still to act.

Might be a bit nitty but I would assume we are still saving some money in long run, I'd prefer to be safer in smaller pot and to see his CBetting range be wider to float.

Best Regards.