This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ in 3bet pot

• legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $9.9
      CO:
      $10.89
      BU:
      $19.03

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:spade: , J:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BU raises to $0.95, Hero calls $0.90, BB folds, CO calls $0.65.

Flop: ($2.95) Q:spade: , T:heart: , 7:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BU bets $1.7, Hero calls $1.70, CO folds.

Turn: ($6.35) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($6.35) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.35

I'm not really sure how to play 3 bet pots. i don't like the way i played this hand but i don't know why. Was it ok for me to call this preflop. On the flop the only thing that i could fathom myself beating would be AK because if he had AQ he would have hit and QQ+ would be ahead. Should i have given up on the flop?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello legand73,

Preflop: Well, being OOP and having not the best spot to play the hand nor much of information it's not really a good spot to Call. You can't set-mine nor you can't be sure how good you do with your hand. Therefore might be folding even be safer.

As played
      Postflop: What do you expect to beat here? :) He has to be pretty aggressive and must have a really wide range to Check/Call here profitable. And as played what kind of hands Call you on the river what you have beat?

Best Regards.
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      yeah fair enough....I would have thought that folding JJ would be too weak here considering i'm raising from CO so he might put me on a loose range and would try to 3bet semi light in this spot so i didn't want to let JJs go. on the flop i put him on maybe AJs+ maybe even ATs, 99+ , KQs+. And i thought i would call his contibet because it looks like a standard board to contibet and again i didn't want to let jacks go as i thought maybe a bluff from AK, AT, 99 type hands. would you think a 4bet preflop would be overplayed in this hand?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by legand73
      yeah fair enough....I would have thought that folding JJ would be too weak here considering i'm raising from CO so he might put me on a loose range and would try to 3bet semi light in this spot so i didn't want to let JJs go. on the flop i put him on maybe AJs+ maybe even ATs, 99+ , KQs+. And i thought i would call his contibet because it looks like a standard board to contibet and again i didn't want to let jacks go as i thought maybe a bluff from AK, AT, 99 type hands. would you think a 4bet preflop would be overplayed in this hand?
      What do you mean you are raising from the CO? You are on SB. :P
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      oh haha true.. my mistake