Universal handreplayer Down/virus?

• Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Hey guys.
      I was trying to download universal hand replayer - just googled it and follewed link, and my anti virus program - norton, went crazy and said danger danger. :p
      So quick question, how to get it then? Or a similar program.

Regards
  • 9 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I just installed and ran it.

AVG (full version) seemed perfectly happy with it.

I'm going to take a wild guess that you have your AV software set to be extremely cautious about running Java apps directly from the internet.

Once you've downloaded it once, you don't need to do it each time.
      Depending on your OS, you can re-run the cached Java applet -- their tutorial explains how somewhere -- it's been a while since I did it, and I don't know what OS you have so I won't attempt to describe the process myself.

--VS
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      I'm pretty sure Universal Replayer and their site contains a malicious programs (maybe their site was hacked) so better stay away from it. what google says about this site :

"What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 110 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 4 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-06-04, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-06-04.

Malicious software includes 29 trojan(s), 28 exploit(s), 5 bot(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 19 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 3 domain(s), including drtak.org/, datahousehost.com/, tialoserwe.tk/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including ineed.co.nz/."

So get rid off it and scan your pc for viruses.
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Hmm. Now I can't seem to enter their website, not through google, not through typing website in browser. tryed both explorer and firefox.

I might be totally dumb for not getting this to work.. But could really use some help, cuz need to review my play, and hem2 is just soooo slow.

regards
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      Because firefox, chrome blocks this site as malicious, probably explorer too.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Thanks for posting that Vygantas82!

If I google "Universal Replayer" and follow the top link, it is blocked by Firefox, (or maybe AVG), however if I go to it from my bookmark, it seems fine.
      When it is blocked, if I click the "why is this site blocked" button, then I get the info that Vygantas82 posted.

I'm going to try to contact the owners of the website to see if I can find out what is going on.

I love this replayer, especially for session reviews, and it would be a terrible shame if it got hacked -- or worse.

Until we figure out what is going on, I concur that it is best to avoid it, and if you've downloaded it recently, run a scan.

For the record, my scan just completed and it is clean.

Thanks,
      --VS
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      The great site for scaning files is https://www.virustotal.com/. It accepts files up to 32 mb and analyze in multiple antivirus engines. Scaning with one antivirus is not enough in our days:)

there is a thread in 2+2 about this accident. looks like at least one guy was infected
      http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/universal-replayer-virus-1205009/

when i try to go to Universal handreplayer off site from firefox looks like i'm redirected in some bla bla scam site which is according to the google http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site=http://rec-creations.com/adv.php
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Thanks for that.
      I have sent them an email via their published contact info.
      It seems odd that there is not a lot of info available on this.
      if you google rec-creations you get very little additional info.

When -- or if -- I hear from Universal Replayer, I'll post their reply here.

--VS
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Quick question.
      Do u know any other program I can use in while universal is down?

Edit: Or could someone send me their downloaded version so I can use that?

Regards
    • Stars71
      Stars71
      Bronze
      Hi guys, I'm the Universal-replayer administrator, and also a Pokerstrategy italian member.
      As someone of you said our website has been hacked.

Yesterday we fix all the page and send the notification to google; they check it and confirm to me that all now is ok.

Regards