[NL2-NL10] NL5 AJo

    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      Joined: 22.02.2011 Posts: 267
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $16.6
      BB:
      $1.93
      UTG2:
      $2.07
      MP1:
      $2.39
      Hero:
      $1.93
      MP3:
      $5.07
      CO:
      $5
      BU:
      $3.05

      0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

      Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:spade: , J:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, SB calls $0.13, BB folds.

      Flop: ($0.35) Q:spade: , J:club: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.25, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

      Final Pot: $0.35

      Hmm, now I know I have basically trash on the flop, and the flop is drawy, so according to the chart I have trash and should check/fold since board is drawy..

      (?) But from playing FR and SH back in the day, I really see cbetting here profitable, I mean I'm HU plus I have hit a part of the flop, have nut flush draw possible, double gut shot, I mean when you combine it all together plus fold equity of me being preflop aggressor and him playing solid 20/8 over 240 hands.. Is this cbet here a +EV move?
  • 6 replies
    • moharith
      moharith
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.12.2011 Posts: 509
      Lol you dont have a double gs. You need 2 cards to complete your street. A dgs will be when your hc's are T8 and the board is 467 . So a 5 and a 9 may complete the street.

      I will comment on the rest later. Im mobile now and that ducks

      Grtz

      Lol.. sucks
    • moharith
      moharith
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.12.2011 Posts: 509
      His 20/8 stats tell you that he is loose passive. Looking at your stats i'd decrease them a bit and start with

      VPIP / PFR / CBET / F2CBET / F2STEAL / Hands or something simple like that. Else it will take away your focus from the essential.

      I think your contibet is ok, and that you needed to play bet / fold in this position. You don't even need a 50% succes rate for it to be profitable.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      Originally posted by moharith
      Lol.. sucks
      Sorry but we all post hands here to learn from our mistakes, we are not posting our hands to get flamed or laughed on . I might read it the wrong way but if the meaning of your writing is ambiguous anything goes :(

      Now about the hand, I like the cBet. You can potentially bluff out a Queen if he is capable of folding on a since you have the A

      We can also check back and let him bet the Turn so you call & play poker on the River

      Since we have midpair, we have showdown value so if he only continues with the nuts on the Flop, cBetting does not make sense ;)

      Best regards,
      Gerv
    • moharith
      moharith
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.12.2011 Posts: 509
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Originally posted by moharith
      Lol.. sucks
      Sorry but we all post hands here to learn from our mistakes, we are not posting our hands to get flamed or laughed on . I might read it the wrong way but if the meaning of your writing is ambiguous anything goes :(

      Best regards,
      Gerv
      :f_eek:

      The sucks was reffering to me typing on my mobile, i typed ducks , but meant typing on my mobile suck! Would not laught at other players, just helping :)

      quote:
      Originally posted by moharith
      I will comment on the rest later. Im mobile now and that ducks

      Grtz

      Lol.. sucks
      Gerv: Offtopic:

      **kon je niet pmmen ":)
      Begrijp me niet verkeerd:) Ik ben ook op het Engelse forum aan het posten om mijn eigen skills te uppen en meer MSS informatie te vergaren. Volg alle tips die jij geeft en kijk al je video's. Ben fan van de MSS en wil alleen de andere mensen op het forum helpen :)

      Ik denk ik laat het je even weten, zodat je geen verkeerde indruk heb gekregen, aangezien ik nogal fanatiek ben in de tijd die ik in poker steek en je waarschijnlijk nog wel vaker zal spreken :)

      Originally posted by Gerv
      Originally posted by moharith
      Lol.. sucks
      Sorry but we all post hands here to learn from our mistakes, we are not posting our hands to get flamed or laughed on . I might read it the wrong way but if the meaning of your writing is ambiguous anything goes :(

      Best regards,
      Gerv
      :f_eek:

      The sucks was reffering to me typing on my mobile, i typed ducks , but meant typing on my mobile suck! Would not laught at other players, just helping :)

      quote:
      Originally posted by moharith
      I will comment on the rest later. Im mobile now and that ducks

      Grtz

      Lol.. sucks
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      Joined: 22.02.2011 Posts: 267
      Ouch, yeah I don't know what was I thinking when I said I had double gotshot.. :/

      VPIP / PFR / CBET / F2CBET / F2STEAL / Hands or something simple like that. Else it will take away your focus from the essential.

      Thanks for the tip, and did re-arrange them.. Looks a bit cleaner now. :f_thumbsup:

      Now about the hand, I like the cBet. You can potentially bluff out a Queen if he is capable of folding on a since you have the A

      That was my idea.. He might think I have Qx, I don't - but still have a pair and if the A comes on the turn/river I'll have a two pair and can continue from there.. The only problem I guess is if I bet and he calls, and the turn changes nothing.. I guess I'll check then, I'm not good in double barreling especially since I can get so easily pot committed when playing MSS, that's why I questioned this play..

      Sorry but we all post hands here to learn from our mistakes, we are not posting our hands to get flamed or laughed on . I might read it the wrong way but if the meaning of your writing is ambiguous anything goes

      Actually Gerv, moharith is really helpful and is helping me a lot.. :) But it's good that you're caring about players on the forum, it's just you missread it.. :heart:
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      Yeah that clears it up :) I was just making sure this 1% chance it would indeed be negative would be converted into those 99% supportive comment