$10.35
      MP3:
      $6.53
      CO:
      $11.02
      BU:
      $7.5

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:heart: , K:club:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, MP2 calls $0.15, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0.37) J:heart: , J:club: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.26, MP2 calls $0.26.

Turn: ($0.89) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.6, MP2 calls $0.60.

River: ($2.09) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.72 (All-In), MP2 calls $0.72.

Final Pot: $3.53

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, kings and jacks (Kh Kc)
      MP2 shows (Ac Qs)[/COLOR]
      Hero wins with two-pair, kings and jacks (Kh Kc)

Everything is procedural here ;)

(?) Just asking if I had encountered an raise on the turn for example, should I fold then or shove? Should I just look at my hand in vacuum and see that I have really good overpair, or still acknowledge that there is a pair of jacks and that he might have hit a trips?

(?) Also what if he called on turn and shoved on river.. Now that third heart is out should I be scared of his flush, or just look at me as pot committed and call the shove?
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey :)

Originally posted by eXtremeACE
      (?) Just asking if I had encountered an raise on the turn for example, should I fold then or shove? Should I just look at my hand in vacuum and see that I have really good overpair, or still acknowledge that there is a pair of jacks and that he might have hit a trips?
      I don't like looking at your own hand because if you start learning how to hand read, you are never doing that as Relative strenght >> Absolute strength. You might be the 10th best player in the world but if you are playing against the Top9 of the world, you are still the worst player (absolute sense you are the 10th best player, relatively you are the worst)

So when he raises you, I think I would fold. T8 completed as well but he is not raising 9x versus you

(?) Also what if he called on turn and shoved on river.. Now that third heart is out should I be scared of his flush, or just look at me as pot committed and call the shove?
      So how can he shove when you are first to act? :)

I do not see many flushdraws in his range so with $2 in the pot and 70cents remaining, I just shove there
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      Hey

I don't like looking at your own hand because if you start learning how to hand read, you are never doing that as Relative strenght >> Absolute strength. You might be the 10th best player in the world but if you are playing against the Top9 of the world, you are still the worst player (absolute sense you are the 10th best player, relatively you are the worst)

Nice analogy, got to me, so chart is only good up to some point - it's our evaluation of the situation that's going to make a move profitable or not.

So how can he shove when you are first to act?

Aw sorry about that, got confused.. :/ :D