PokerTracker 3 vs. Elephant

• DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Hi

I am thinking of buying one of these programs. I doubt that I will be getting 2000 SP anytime soon + i will move to another site soon.

What would you recommend me? Which is better? What is the price of Elephant if I buy it?

Thanks.
  • 6 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Well why don't you try them both first? :)
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Because currently I am playing at Mansion which niether of programs support, but I will soon be moving to FTP, that's why I'm asking. :)
    • galam
      galam
      Bronze
      Hi there,

i would suppose you test both and decide which you like more. I have heard rumors that the Elephant gonna cost about 80$. There may be some bugs left in the Elephant but i really think we gonna catch up.

Greets Sebastian
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      I've tried both and Elephant is better choice for me...

but, you really need some better PC than I have, because my 1.7Ghz/256MB ram laptop is almost dying with elephant :(

And you'll get much better support with PS so if nothing else, this reason should be the most important.
    • bah22
      bah22
      Coach
      Coach
      Currently I am playing at Mansion too and it is very irritating that this site doesn't support any tracker program. Anyway I have been told that the elephant will be co-ordinated with Mansion poker very soon. I hope they will! :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      I've tried both and Elephant is better choice for me...

but, you really need some better PC than I have, because my 1.7Ghz/256MB ram laptop is almost dying with elephant :(

And you'll get much better support with PS so if nothing else, this reason should be the most important.
      Maybe this here might help (a user posted it on the german board):

*Defragment your harddisk (after every bigger import [>20k Hands] is recommended)
      *Download PGadmin and start it (http://www.pgadmin.org/)
      ->Tools->Server Configuration->postgresql.conf
      Search for 'Shared Buffers' and increase the value (~10-15% of your ram [I have set 128MB ])

If you dare going a bit deeper (maybe backing up your DB) you do the following. The Elephant has to be closed:

- If you installed the Elephant several times trhen you have probably many databases on your PC. Deleting the old unneccesary ones might improve your performance.
      Start PGAdmin and choose your server ("PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3" is the standard one).
      Now choose databases. Here you now find the old databases and you can remove them with a right click and then 'delete'. All data will be gone so be careful to not delete non elephant databases.

This here is only necessary if you have importet many hands (after every bigger import [>20k Hands] is recommended).

- Now make a right click on your currently used elephant db and select 'Maintanance'. In the new window you can choose "Vacuum" as well as the Vavuum options "FULL" and "ANALYZE". After this is done your database should be faster.