This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AJ 3bet shove the flop 04/06

• allen82082
      allen82082
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $6
      Hero:
      $3.04

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , J:heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, 2 folds, CO calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.95) 8:heart: , 6:spade: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $2.14 (All-In), CO calls $2.14.

Turn: ($6.23) K:diamond:
      River: ($6.23) T:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $6.23

i should check behind,and bluff the turn when hit Q+,if he bet the turn i will fold.
  • 3 replies
    • moharith
      moharith
      Bronze
      Why would you shove at the flop?

Player is fairly tight and raises also the same percentage. Second he's willing to see 67% to the showdown (though the sample is small).

You only have overcards on the flop and i would check and see the free card and probably bet on the turn.

(Need to go , maybe i''ll elaborate more later)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey :)

Size your 3bets up for exact potsized shove Allen, I told you numerous times already about this :( If you just make it 95 or 1$ reflop, you have a perfectly nice hand

now shoving is fine as well but it is so obvious you are pretty desperate as a strong overpair would probably just bet small to get calls from hands that only can make 2nd best hands

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hey Gerv are you saying if Hero makes his 3 bet slightly bigger here, the shove on the flop would be potsize and look less like a desperate shove to villian?
      Do you use this method with mss often?

Roo