rakeback or vip

• northernplan
      northernplan
      Bronze
      Firstly I would like to say what a great site this is. Initially when I joined I hid in the shadows. It took a while before I started to get involved.

Slowly I started on the forum and since I have followed advice and started the beginners course. If you are new to this site I would highly recommend introducing yourself here on the forum and get involved and listen to the advice and never be afraid to ask questions.

Anyway back to what I my reason for the post. I have noticed some sites have VIP SCHEMES, other sites offer rackback. Which is best for the beginner. I am sure people are going to say there are lots of variables involvled buy there are a lot of choices/offers tryingg to get the business of new players.

N.P.
  • 7 replies
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      there a thread called choosing the right poker room for you, that will be a great place to start, im sure one of the mods will post the link after my comment and suggest it, probably be gary if hes reading this ;)

But in short for a beginner I wouldnt be fused on either tbh, I would focus on your win rate which if your choosing a site the fishier the site the better for you, for example if you play cash games 888 is extremely fishy but the VIP system is shocking

Overall if you are that bothered a site which does a flat rakeback % is better as VIP systems tend to only become better than the standard 25-30% rakeback when yu are a fairly high VIP level, however, come sites like POKERHEAVEN have a minimum rake amount each month to get rakeback, seriously though dont worry bout rakeback too much now just worry about your win rate and moving up/playing better

Kind regards, Alex
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Thank you northernplan for the great feedback,

Some good advice there guys for anyone debating on whether or not to get stuck into the forum, just jump right in and don't be afraid, we are here to help after all.

Anyway your question, i'm no pro on the different sites VIP systems and rakeback deals myself but i can ask someone to drop by and give a better answer than mine :) when you say best for the beginner what do you mean? NL2. At the lowest stakes i think the most important thing to worry about is just playing your A game and making the most of the fish, it might be pretty hard at NL2 to get any real value out of a VIP system (I do only 2 table though so i don't get very much volume in atm :f_cool: )

Have you tried this thread yet... Choosing the right poker room for you have a read through some of this or reply in the thread with what you play, what stakes how many hands per week/month and the guys that help out in there know all the ins and outs of the poker rooms and can tell you which room will give you the most value

Hope this helps
      Carl
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Castle93
      there a thread called choosing the right poker room for you, that will be a great place to start, im sure one of the mods will post the link after my comment and suggest it, probably be gary if hes reading this ;)

Kind regards, Alex
      Beat me to it :f_biggrin: but i beat Gary :coolface:
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      Originally posted by Castle93

Kind regards, Alex
      Beat me to it :f_biggrin: but i beat Gary :coolface:

guess your not a supermod just a average one aye :coolface: haha yu did beat gary, ill be having words with him later ;)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      I was making dinner! :pokerface:

Thanks guys for helping out :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      This thread! :) :heart

How about your game then northernplan? What limits do you play atm? Depending on what you looking for, rakeback is not everything you want to look at. How soft a network or what other promotions are running, how is the traffic on your limits etc... Castle and Carl summed it up nicely. :)

I'll ask Callum to come by help you a bit.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Hi,

For a player at small stakes a flat rakeback system is going to be better then a tiered VIP system.

This is because the tiered VIP systems benefit from players that generate large sums of rake.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Callum