Site rake comparison on 9/10man turbos

• clydefrog77
      clydefrog77
      Bronze
      I'm looking to start playing 9 or 10 man Turbo Sngs at the $5 to $10 level. Pokerstars seems to have the fairest rake, but their rewards program is poor for low stakes players.

Taking rakeback/rewards into consideration, is there a better option rake-wise than pokerstars for 9man turbos? Or does stars still come out ahead because of it's lower rake?

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, clydefrog77!

I like pokerstars tbh. They have lower rakeb with their vip program, but the rake is like 20% less or so, so I think it kinda makes it up. Other option is either Ipoker or Ongame. I would suggest Ipoker over Ongame since blind increase is more balanced, there is still enough traffic for 5,5$ and 11$ turbos(unless you 10-tabling or so). They are both reg fested even at these stakes, but this is how it is nowadays. Most of the regs are not so good anyway. Definitely worse than stars regs.

Ongame push/fold is 10-player SnGs is hell of a task as high blind ICM is truly, truly very hard to memorize + variance is higher(which I won't suggest to most low stakes player to deal with) + edge is smaller due to very, very reduced postflop opportunities. Basically, it's almost like a super turbo with a big % of the decisions being made preflop. This doesn't mean you won't make a higher hourly rage at ongame. But the variance will be higher for sure.

Stars have the most balanced blind structure, rake is lower + don't forget about battle of the planets, which from time to time will add up an additional money boost.

Why don't you also check this thread and ask for another opinion. The more you know, the better decision you usually take- Click.

Cheers!
    • clydefrog77
      clydefrog77
      Bronze
      Thanks Kurrkabin, very imformative!
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      You are welcome, mate, just to add as I forgot in the previous post- maybe Party is also an option for these limits. I can't play on it from where I am around, so I am not quite sure.

Cheers!