UTG: $14.80
      UTG+1: $36.84
      MP: $15.69
      MP+1: $76.30
      LP: $44.15
      CO: $38.22

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has K:spade: K:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 raises to $0.50, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.00, fold, MP+1 calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25, 2 players) A:club: 8:spade: 8:club:
      Hero bets $2.50, MP+1 calls $2.50

Turn: ($9.25, 2 players) 8:heart:
      Hero checks, MP+1 bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50

River: ($16.25, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      Hero checks, MP+1 bets $6.30

OP is unknown. What to think of such min donkbets?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello IhasLuck,

He isn't donk-betting, he is just betting vs missed CB. But I'd rather Check the flop already myself unless I assume the guy is going to Call you very loose. Doesn't make sense to CB the flop and then turn your hand into bluff-catcher while he will have a lot of Ax hands in his range.

Rather Check/Call the flop and let him at least bluff with some weaker PPs as TT/JJ/QQ or whatsoever which most likely wouldn't pay you much vs a CB.

I would assume such bet sizes are just trying to drag you along while he is trying to get thin value from your hand.

Best Regards.
    • IhasLuck
      IhasLuck
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello IhasLuck,

He isn't donk-betting, he is just betting vs missed CB. But I'd rather Check the flop already myself unless I assume the guy is going to Call you very loose. Doesn't make sense to CB the flop and then turn your hand into bluff-catcher while he will have a lot of Ax hands in his range.

Rather Check/Call the flop and let him at least bluff with some weaker PPs as TT/JJ/QQ or whatsoever which most likely wouldn't pay you much vs a CB.

I would assume such bet sizes are just trying to drag you along while he is trying to get thin value from your hand.

Best Regards.
      Yeah misread the hand when i posted it. Ok but while I'm oop c/calling the flop will leave me clueless at where I stand, since it's zoom and I barely have any stats on op. What's my play after c/calling? c/fold the turn? call again if the bet is small (like the bet in this situation) ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yes, that's usually my plan cause I assume he wouldn't be bluffing that often in 3bet pot and especially on such a card.