[NL2-NL10] NL50 - TP x TAG

• viccini
      viccini
      Global
      CO = 13/10/2.5/33 VP/PF/AF/WTSD in 83 hands

Pre flop I make a standard open raise and get called by a TAG. I think he usually has pocket pairs or big broadways (even AK sometimes).

On the flop I make the standard cbet with TPGK and get called again. His fold to cbet is 33% in 3 situations. He's in position so I think I can still be ahead.

On the turn I check for pot control and bluff induction since he'll fold weaker hands to a second barrel (like pocket pairs) and call/raise with better hands. When he bets I think I have to call since he can float his pocket pairs or even broadways.

On the river he fires again and now I think I'm behind with my TPGK. I think he would check behind with TP or bluffs.

How would you have played this hand? Do you agree with my thoughts?

thx in advance! = )

$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      8 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      Hero (UTG) ($27.41) 55bb
      UTG+1 ($30.37) 61bb
      MP1 ($50) 100bb
      MP2 ($55.67) 111bb
      CO ($69.96) 140bb
      BTN ($50.42) 101bb
      SB ($73.98) 148bb
      BB ($37.43) 75bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 8 players) Hero is UTG A:club: J:club:
      Hero raises to $1.50, 3 folds, CO calls $1.50, 3 folds

Flop: 4:heart: K:spade: A:spade: ($3.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2.30, CO calls $2.30

Turn: K:club: ($8.35, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.85, Hero calls $4.85

River: J:spade: ($18.05, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $9.15, Hero folds

Final Pot: $27.20

CO wins $26.30 (net +$8.50)

Hero lost $8.65
  • 7 replies
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey :)

How would you have played this hand? Do you agree with my thoughts?
      Nope I do not agree so I have some guiding questions:

Originally posted by viccini
      CO = 13/10/2.5/33 VP/PF/AF/WTSD in 83 hands

Pre flop I make a standard open raise and get called by a TAG. I think he usually has pocket pairs or big broadways (even AK sometimes).
      Sounds reasonable but I rather start giving him a range based on what he does on the Flop

On the flop I make the standard cbet with TPGK and get called again. His fold to cbet is 33% in 3 situations. He's in position so I think I can still be ahead.
      Is it standard? Do you think fold to cbet is 33% is worth mentioning and actually seeing it as mostly reliable with 3 samples?

On the turn I check for pot control and bluff induction since he'll fold weaker hands to a second barrel (like pocket pairs) and call/raise with better hands. When he bets I think I have to call since he can float his pocket pairs or even broadways.
      So you say that Pocket Pairs which are 22,33,55,66,77,88,99,TT will call your cBet on the Flop to float OR Think they have the best hand?

Float in the sense that they are confident YOU did NOT hit this board

On the river he fires again and now I think I'm behind with my TPGK. I think he would check behind with TP or bluffs.
      I agree with this if it is played out this way :(

- Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hey :)

Is it standard? Do you think fold to cbet is 33% is worth mentioning and actually seeing it as mostly reliable with 3 samples?
      lol. No. 1 in 3 means nothing actually.

So you say that Pocket Pairs which are 22,33,55,66,77,88,99,TT will call your cBet on the Flop to float OR Think they have the best hand?

Float in the sense that they are confident YOU did NOT hit this board

Ok. Go it.

So would it be better to xc F+T and xf R like you mentioned in the other hand against this reg than cbet F, xc T to caught his bluffs and xf river like I did?

thx in advance! =)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Yes more or less check the Flop because you just have to check/fold the Turn 99% of the time which is hard to do when you play this hand because we have TPGK ;)

- Gerv
    • latini
      latini
      Bronze
      :)
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Yes more or less check the Flop because you just have to check/fold the Turn 99% of the time which is hard to do when you play this hand because we have TPGK ;)

- Gerv
      Sorry didn't get it :f_frown:

You mean I should check/fold the Turn 99% of the time when I cbet the flop?

thx! :f_p:
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Yes a nit calls your UTG raise. Besides Q:sJ, what non pair hand can he ever have? In case he peels Kx on the Flop, he has Trips now. I don't expect him to show up with AT but that one ain't betting the Flop

- Gerv