UTG: $10.00
      UTG+1: $14.70
      UTG+2: $13.53
      MP: $24.07
      MP+1: $5.32
      Hero (CO): $10.72

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:spade: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP+1 raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.75, 2 players) A:club: K:diamond: J:club:
      MP+1 bets $0.36, Hero raises to $1.10, MP+1 calls $0.74

Turn: ($2.95, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      MP+1 checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.95, 2 players) 9:heart:
      MP+1 bets $3.92 and is all-in, fold

MP+1 wins $2.82
  • 5 replies
    • legand73
      legand73
      Gold
      preflop i would have raised him with AK to protect..as played i might have just called the flop bet and bet the turn after he checks to you. I don't see why you fold considering it is not very likely that he has a Ten in his hand. i assume that is what you were scared of? .you are still beating a lot of hands in his range so folding here is too weak....a lot of pockets and connectors in his hand flush draws so many hands you beat here he might even be betting on weaker two pairs like J9, K9, Q9, A9.definitely a call on the river
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey Tomaloc,

3bet/Fold preflop against most opponents(unless you know he is a maniac).

As played: Raise the flop bigger ~1,5$ and bet the turn as well (1/2 pot). I think there should be enough of 2 pairs combo that call. The river since you turned your hand into a bluffcatcher and his range is polarized I guess it depends if you see him able to bluff that way. It depends how you saw him but generaly it should be the safest option. But note I never played Zoom.

Best regards,
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Preflop: Seems to be fine, no need always to 3bet/Fold such a strong hand from late position. We can also keep his range wide.

As played
      Postflop: Although it's kind of must to raise it bigger on such a flop. If he continues then he will continue also to bigger raise, I'd make it a bit less than pot size and then could vs his stack just ship the turn. :)

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tomaloc,

Preflop: Seems to be fine, no need always to 3bet/Fold such a strong hand from late position. We can also keep his range wide.
      Guess these option seems to be fine because you expect the other 3 players behind as to be pretty tight becuase it is ZOOM,right? I the only reason when I like here more a call is when I actually know more about him and player in front of me(guess if we face a squeeze we have to most likely fold). Because if we call he have to be good postflop and have developed a plan. I guess with call against such a stack we are playing fit or fold postflop,right?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Not only because of that. :) But we also have position and not that many guys behind us.

And 3bet/Folding vs his stack wouldn't make sense at all, waste of money. And nope, we ain't always fit/folding, depends also on his postflop sizing.