Won a MTT seat - advice

• GitGud
      GitGud
      Bronze
      Hey.

I won a seat at $40k guaranteed MTT, $100 buy in on Titan. Unfortunately I can't exchange it.

I starded playing poker just a few months ago and I just play $1 sngs.

I wanna ask you guys for some advice on what are my options regarding what to do with this.
  • 6 replies
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hi GitGud,

First of all you shouldn't play qualifiers if you can't afford to play the tournament under normal circumstances. It should always fit your normal BRM - otherwise it's not very helpful to play it in most cases.

Since you already won the ticket I would suggest our MTT articles as well as the video section. You will find plenty informations to work on.

If you have more specific questions feel free to ask.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      SSSSHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPP IIIIITTTTT!!!!!!

gl dude
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      if you can already play sng I would say you'll do ok, if you're not great deepstacked probably best to play tight and just try to dominate the push/fold game at the end

In a one off tournament It pretty much comes down to luck anyway so just have fun
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by Asaban
      Hi GitGud,

First of all you shouldn't play qualifiers if you can't afford to play the tournament under normal circumstances. It should always fit your normal BRM - otherwise it's not very helpful to play it in most cases.

Since you already won the ticket I would suggest our MTT articles as well as the video section. You will find plenty informations to work on.

If you have more specific questions feel free to ask.

Regards,
      Asaban
      I thought the point of sattelites/qualifiers is that you can play the tournaments you otherwise wouldn't be able to play.

@GitGud Idk what advice you want, you obviously have to play it if you can't sell the ticket. If you don't feel comfortable playing in it then why play the sat in the first place ?
    • GitGud
      GitGud
      Bronze
      Hey, guys.

I got the seat for free.

Thanks for the help, I guess I hope I'll get lucky.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Originally posted by MatejM47

I thought the point of sattelites/qualifiers is that you can play the tournaments you otherwise wouldn't be able to play.

@GitGud Idk what advice you want, you obviously have to play it if you can't sell the ticket. If you don't feel comfortable playing in it then why play the sat in the first place ?

Problem is, that you don't benefit by doing so.
      Especially not if the buyin is way bigger then your normal buyins. Your skill level isn't sufficient and you will be scared of money most of the times.
      IF you really manage to win the tournament in the end you will most likely overestimate your skill level and move up a few limits. Meanwhile your skills stay the same.

Imo it is a better idea to build your bankroll slow and steady from the grounds. If you work hard you will be able to play these tournaments regularly in a little while. If you keep paying buyins for satellites you will build up your bankroll way slower and stop your own advancement.

Hope I was able to clarify things.
      If you have further questions feel free to ask :)

Regards,
      Asaban