[NL2-NL10] NL2 QQ vs fish

  • 8 replies
    • moharith
      moharith
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.12.2011 Posts: 509
      Flop is in villains range, but since he checks (showing weakness), i'd c-bet. If you decide to check you are showing weakness too, and villain will slap you on the turn.

      c-bet around the 12-14ct I think.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Hello TheWinnerTakesItAll,

      You ain't going to achieve much with the CB here, not making better to fold nor worse to Call. I'd Check it behind and reevaluate the turn.

      If you Bet the flop then what's the plan for turn? He could easily just Call the flop and after your Check on the turn take a stab on the river. :P

      Best Regards.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.01.2011 Posts: 6,860
      what's a good "standard" line? i usually check flop and call a ~2/3 turn stab, fold river.
      if villain checks again i usually just check behind again :f_biggrin: for one street on the river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      what's a good "standard" line? i usually check flop and call a ~2/3 turn stab, fold river.
      if villain checks again i usually just check behind again :f_biggrin: for one street on the river.
      Guess I wouldn't be calling in first place 2/3 turn stab here vs rather loose-passive guy while he could easily have K or an Ace. Vs smaller ones I'd consider doing that.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.01.2011 Posts: 6,860
      right, not vs loose-passive. but vs unknown, still not worth?
      where do we cap? i'd suppose 1/2
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      right, not vs loose-passive. but vs unknown, still not worth?
      where do we cap? i'd suppose 1/2
      Yes, vs smaller Bet I'd Call and not over 1/2 pot. Try to find out what kind of equity we need & then put him on some kind of range and make assumptions with what he could be bluffing. :P And see if you get the equity.
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      Joined: 04.04.2011 Posts: 757
      i am confused in this hand !!

      i see no reason not to cbet here! its a HU pot villian range can be anything with his 71% ! even vs a regular i cbet in this kind of flops cause the villian range can be something like 22+ T9s+

      if i check a worse hand villian can push me out of the hand at the turn

      am i missing something ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by w4terman
      i am confused in this hand !!

      i see no reason not to cbet here! its a HU pot villian range can be anything with his 71% ! even vs a regular i cbet in this kind of flops cause the villian range can be something like 22+ T9s+

      if i check a worse hand villian can push me out of the hand at the turn

      am i missing something ?
      Yes, cause you don't get called from a lot worse, just GS. :) And doesn't make sense to Bet the flop, Check the turn and then what on river if he bets? But meanwhile you could get value from his weaker hands by letting him bluff the turn with Check behind or either value-bet on further streets improved.