What can I do with a Dollar?

• Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      Hi Guys and Girls.

Third time I've tried to type this and hopefully will remember to save it before I hit the wrong key and delete the whole lot again!!!

A bit about myself:

Name: James..... James Bond! (Not really but it will do!)

Job: Chef (something I love to do, am very good at and gives my lots of free time to play poker)

Poker Career: Started playing cards a school taking mates dinner money at 3 card brag. Got into NLHE 5 years ago but only started learning how to play last year.

Other hobbies: Acting, Singing, Fishing and Chess (what a mix!)

If I could be anybody for a day: Genghis Khan

If I was an animal: Snow Leopard

Fav Film: Jacob's Ladder

Fav Song: Chasing Cars and Brown Eyed Girl

Football Team: Reading FC.... Come on URZzzzzzz!!!
      ...............................................................................................................

"Enough about you!" (I hear you all shout) "What about your challenge?"

Okay you impatiant bunch! Here you go!

I'm a bit of a 'Yo-yo' player. Up $300 one week and down $299 the next! I think my main problem is that I can't settle on one type of game for long.

So last month I drained my PS account from $175 down to $1 (Teach me to play zoom!) Was thinking about reload but decided to see what I could do with the dollar so played 5 x.10c MTTs on first June. I finished with a 1000%roi.
      Played another 6 games yesterday and finished +500%.
      So I've decided to uses this small br and play nothing but .10c MTTs until e/o/June.

Not going to set myself a target as I find these a double edged sword for me (fine if I'm on track but 'tilt magnet' if I'm behind)!

Main area I want to concentrate on is post flop game. As these games are full of loose passives you get a lot of 2+preflop callers and have to make some tricky decissions oop on the board! I'll post intersting hands without results and be intersted in your opinions of how you would act.
  • 27 replies
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      Here's a hand from yesterday:

On Bubble.

Villain is 45/18 of 10hands. Feel my hand is worth defending as I have position post flop.

Poker Stars, $0.09 Buy-in (300/600 blinds, 60 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: 6,080 (10.1 bb)
      SB: 9,365 (15.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): 5,845 (9.7 bb)
      UTG+1: 5,293 (8.8 bb)
      UTG+2: 7,585 (12.6 bb)
      MP1: 2,585 (4.3 bb)
      MP2: 7,954 (13.3 bb)
      MP3: 5,180 (8.6 bb)
      CO: 2,870 (4.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6 4
      7 folds, SB raises to 1,200, Hero calls 600

Flop: (2,940) 2 7 6 (2 players)
      SB bets 1,200, Hero ???????

So, push or fold?
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      You have less than 10 BB! It's a clear shove or fold spot preflop, and 64 I would fold.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Welcome to our blogging section!

You're working as a chef, but say you have lots of free time? I never found that to be the case when I worked in kitchens :(

So where are you from then?

Interesting challenge, will be following for sure!

Regards,
      Richard
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      calling here with 6 high is just spew, how you think its worth defending is beyond me, calling preflop is the worse option, as played i would just get the rest of it in on the flop

Good luck with your challange you will need it if you play like this ;)
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by taavi1337
      You have less than 10 BB! It's a clear shove or fold spot preflop, and 64 I would fold.
      Normally I would push/fold pre.

I choose to limp here as we're on the buuble (think there was 39 players left). His raise looked weak as if he has a hand he either open limps or pushes pre. The min raise gives me around 4/1 to call.
      I figure/gamble that he has trash.
      If I have to fold postflop, I will still get ITM although be short.
      If I had folded pre, I would get ITM but still be short.

Before I called I had decided on the following:
      He has trash!
      I'll hit 33% of flops and getting 4/1.
      If he pushes I fold anything less than 2p
      If he checks I check/fold less than 2p
      If he bets min to 2xmin he is bluffing and so I push. He will prob call with any 2cards so I'll be at least 60%.

If he shows monster I make a note on him and the 24c investment is worth it.
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      Welcome to our blogging section!

You're working as a chef, but say you have lots of free time? I never found that to be the case when I worked in kitchens :(

So where are you from then?

Interesting challenge, will be following for sure!

Regards,
      Richard
      Cheers Richard

I get all my hours in Sunday, Monday, Tuesay and wed morning. Gives me 3 and 1/2 days of pure bliss.

I live in South Devon
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Good to see you blogging again!

I think a lot of members can sympathize with the sticking to the one game type! Hopefully blogging about this will help. Certainly did for me - so I hope this is the case for you also!

Best of luck, will be following your progress all the way ;)

Gary
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      Short session taday. Day of Kings!

Had 3 coolers in a row! AK,QQ&KK all vs AA! Did then get KK twice in a row on one game and took 5 players out so guess the Kings paid off.
      Was card dry in all games towards bubbles and had to ICM from BU with low pairs or low connectors in 4 games and lost all races against BBs. Managed to get ITM in 3 games (best was 11th when I lost another race 33vsATo).

finished -15% for the day.

Overall total so far:

Played 24x.10c MTTs
      +366.3%

During early phase, I'm still getting into good post flop situations with trash cards in position. Not many TAGs about so able to limp pre and when I hit (at this level) players post flop game is so poor and they virtually always call these:

Poker Stars, $0.09 Buy-in (20/40 blinds) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG+1: 1,755 (43.9 bb)
      UTG+2: 1,430 (35.8 bb)
      MP1: 1,430 (35.8 bb)
      MP2: 1,470 (36.8 bb)
      MP3: 1,405 (35.1 bb)
      CO: 4,485 (112.1 bb)
      Hero (BTN): 4,485 (112.1 bb)
      SB: 3,795 (94.9 bb)
      BB: 1,000 (25 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 7 T
      5 folds, CO calls 40, Hero calls 40, SB raises to 80, BB calls 40, CO calls 40, Hero calls 40

Flop: (320) K Q A (4 players)
      SB bets 80, BB raises to 920 and is all-in, CO folds, Hero calls 920, SB folds

Turn: (2,240) A (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: (2,240) T (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      2,240 pot
      Final Board: K Q A A T
      CO mucked and lost (-80 net)
      Hero showed 7 T and won 2,240 (1,240 net)
      SB mucked and lost (-160 net)
      BB showed K T and lost (-1,000 net)

With the speed of the blinds (every 3mins) I think you have to play these if you can get in for >3bb.

It feels strange to play loose passive pre flop but it seems to pay off on these games. Only time will tell if I'm being a fish but as I'm playing with a $1 investment think it's worth a couple of months study.
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      How my graph is looking:

• ItsTeddyKGB
      ItsTeddyKGB
      Bronze
      You have to stop limping hands like T7s early/mid pos. If you call with it, you;

1. 59/60 times are not going to hit a flush on the flop.
      2. show weakness
      3. have to fold when you get reraised
      4. don't know what to do if the board hits T :heart: 6 :club: 2 :diamond:

Just fold.
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ItsTeddyKGB
      You have to stop limping hands like T7s early/mid pos. If you call with it, you;

1. 59/60 times are not going to hit a flush on the flop.
      2. show weakness
      3. have to fold when you get reraised
      4. don't know what to do if the board hits T :heart: 6 :club: 2 :diamond:

Just fold.
      1. Not expecting to hit monster every time. At this level players are so passive they hardly ever bluff but will call with Khigh. So I can check the board to the river and then get a cheeky value bet it.
      2. These guys can't see weakness!
      3. Fine hardly ever get reraised on these and when you do it's min or max (as sb did here).
      4. Yes I do! Part of this challange is to work on my post flop game in tricky sits.

Part this blog is to play un-TAG-like to see what happens. At the end of the challenge I will post my limping chart and raising chart. The limping chart is based more on my position and amount of players already limped rather than on my hole cards.

We all play TAG as though it's a law! I only have coaches word for it (no offence) that this is the best or only way to play and win! I need to try a different method, if it fails then it fails no prb just invested time and a dollar.
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Have to say i agree with you on limping suited/connected cards when blinds are low, i've played a few hundred of those ultra micros and the players are really that bad. key is to build a stack early so limp lots of cards that have potential...10/7s may be borderline though!

how many tables are you playing??, i think for 0.10c games you should really be playing 6 at once to begin with, its good to practice multitabling on those as you really only have to play cards/stack sizes against those woeful players. Plus higher volume is always good :)

good luck, i think you'll be moving upto 0.50c 45 mans soon enough!! :f_cool:
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      I play 4 but load a 5th if one goes short early. agree T7 is a risky but gives you such a loose image that when I go back to TAG players get no reads on me.
      I think the main trick is to mix it up. Once i've had a showdown with trash I tend to go back to TAG for at least 2 rounds.

Must remember that you've basically got 30 hands to get to 5k in this game or else you are so short you'll get 3 callers when you push ICM.

For the record, my stats for the last 24 games are:
      886 Hands
      VP: 22.2
      PFR: 16

So still not playing too loose just giving that impression to the table.
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      Quick session between shifts.

10 games
      Played TAG and went out of 9 (best finish was 50th)

Final game still in, was down to 11bb on Bu (2 limpers) pushed A3o got 2 callers, missed flop and beat them both (K3 was their best)!
      Sitting 63rd with 150 left. now have 25bb as blinds just went up.
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      AQo from MP2 reraised by short BB who had K5 and he hit KK! down to 15BBs 90th out of 122
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      Pushing AK from BB with 3 limpers...... All folded!

Now QJ from SB 1 limper......... Folded

Now 66 from Bu same limper...... Folded

Managed to double up over the 3 hands.

54th out of 110

20bbs
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      96 left down to 10bbs and bb next, gonna need to make another mover soon.
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      A2o from co with 5bbs....... all folded
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      56th out of 66
      5bbs

bb coming.......