This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Mass Anger

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Today i had the shittiest session ever luck wise , and i am quite fucking angry because i ve been running like shit the whole month. So atm i am "15k below expectation" and my patience is running thin , and i dont wanna hear preachings about variance until i run 15k above expectation.
      This would be easily my biggest month ever if i hadnt run like this , and tbh i dont see me having 15k luckbox month anytime soon.
      So i have to get this off my chest. Fuck you party.
      That's all.
  • 11 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Drop down a limit?
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      welcome to the club

well, except I play like 10x lower than you do
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      15k below expectation? Well, what is/was your expectation? ;)
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Bronze
      Downswing aswell here 9 BI at NL100 and 10BI on NL50, I just run into set and overpair over overpair each time.. Can't remember last time I won a big pot with KK..
      PartyPoker has put a megadownswing to all pokerstrategy members!?:p
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      we have reason to believe they are in possession of Weapons of Mass Downswing
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Calmed down.
      Was a -5.5k session , and i ran 5.5k below expectation , meaning i would break even under "normal luck". I woudlnt mind that much if my whole month wasnt like this. During my 4 first months of this year i was exactly at 0 , so it better even out sooner or later ~_~.
      My expectation was 33k so far. But if this goes on i ll probably end up broke :D .
      Well gl to us all i guess o_O
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      18k below expectation now and i lost AA vs AA .I think i might have hit a doomswitch o_O.
      Btw , am i supposed to be down overall to consider im downswinging ?
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by undercover82
      18k below expectation now and i lost AA vs AA .I think i might have hit a doomswitch o_O.
      Btw , am i supposed to be down overall to consider im downswinging ?
      imo no. i know i definitely regard my breakeven month as a massive downswing.
    • hova
      hova
      Silver
      I ran up 115k hands 50NL of me (obviously 50NL i will be getting in the money 70-80% alot) being 16 stacks under EV after 115k hands. Poker takes alot of hands for you to even out, you should know that by now :)
      If you know a little german: http://fold4value.blogspot.com/2007/06/varianz.html
      ..else cliffnotes: you can be a winning player over 100-200k hands although you are actually a real losingplayer, and also vice versa if you are a real 4ptbb winner you can easily be losing or breaking even after 100k hands. The article also reasons why there aren't probably any people with a true winrate of over 4-5ptbb.
      Good luck anyways.

edit: I think key to handling shortterm results is to be mentally unstressed everytime you play a session and handle each hand and each session in vacuum never considering being on a down or upswing. Down-, up- and evenswings can be found regarding the past. You can never know if you are in a down/upswing or being even, variance in a game as poker is too big. You can analyse in hindsight whether your standard-deviation on a stretch of x hands was higher than the usual ~40BB/100 SD.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hova
      edit: I think key to handling shortterm results is to be mentally unstressed everytime you play a session and handle each hand and each session in vacuum never considering being on a down or upswing. Down-, up- and evenswings can be found regarding the past. You can never know if you are in a down/upswing or being even, variance in a game as poker is too big. You can analyse in hindsight whether your standard-deviation on a stretch of x hands was higher than the usual ~40BB/100 SD.
      Very true!!!
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Well, it happens to the best of us I guess. During my extended downswing I dropped down from NL400 to NL100 in 2 months and I can't recall having 2 winning days after each other. Variance can be a real pain in the ass, but don't get into doomscenario's where you'll lose everything. It does in fact, even out, though it may take a while. It took me another 3,5 months to do so, but I got there, and there's no reason why this wouldn't be the case with you.