downloading videos?

• PhilHellmuth4321
      PhilHellmuth4321
      Bronze
      Is it possible to download videos? The "normal view" is too small to see everything clearly but if i want to enlarge it i can't do anything else e.g. play poker or browse forums while watching, and it's pretty annoying and not convenient. Is there a way to resize video to my own liking or better - download it?
  • 7 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi PhilHellmuth4321,

I have asked one of our education team to comment here as this would not be my area of expertise.

Regards,
      Gary
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey PhilHellmuth4321,

Thanks for your post!

There are several applications, more specifically, browser plugins, which allow you to capture flash content from websites. A quick Google search should return some results for you.

To my knowledge, this isn't allowed on PokerStrategy.com according to the Terms & Conditions, but I don't think any bad can come of it, as long as it was for your personal use. It would be at your own risk.

All the best,
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      EuanM, thanks for your explaining, I will link to your post in the future about this. Last time when I asked it was "NO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DOWNLOAD ANY VIDEOS" without any proper explanation. I use "download helper" plugin for firefox. But the downloading speed at pokerstrategy is limited to 500 KB/S for some reason. Is pokerstrategy planning to remove this limitation?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thanks Euan for popping in :)
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey slipkn6t,

Thanks for your post.

Just to be clear: YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DOWNLOAD ANY VIDEOS. :f_biggrin:

I did not expressly state anywhere that this was allowed, so be sure when linking my post you have this in mind - because it's not allowed.

I think if you use the files for personal use and discard of them thereafter, you are not stepping on any toes :)

Be safe online & make sure you've earned / purchased anything you download which is copyrighted to avoid legal hassle.

All the best,
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      :rage:
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      slipkn6t,

But the downloading speed at pokerstrategy is limited to 500 KB/S for some reason. Is pokerstrategy planning to remove this limitation?

We do not have any limitations in place, apart from the clause in our T's & C's to protect everyone's efforts & work here at PokerStrategy.com. The limitation you are referring to is probably enforced by your internet service provider.

The reason I personally think we have this clause in our terms is to protect our content and community from people who want to unlawfully take it and represent it as their own at a different website / location, and in such cases these terms are fully enforced.

Singular "offenders" of any rules, are only ever sought in extreme cases, and less often actually found, in my own experience.

This is particularly apparent in the failed preventative measures that attempted to be enforced by certain industries in relation to the internet in the past 12-24 months, such measures being chosen in the first place to affect the greater good, as opposed to targeting singular users.

Hope this helps!

All the best to you :)