terrible problem loading Pokerstrategy

• Leviatan
      Leviatan
      Bronze
      I'm having this horrible problem loading pokerstrategy.com... it takes forever and when it finally load the site it's all messy and useless... cant see videos... cant read anything...
      I normally use chrome... but i've tried with mozilla and even explorer... but it's the same... I have the last version of adobe... any sugestion?
      this is how it looks
  • 11 replies
    • mktpppr
      mktpppr
      Bronze
      i used to have a similar problem at work, it had something to do with the firewalls/security at work, im not good with IT stuff so sorry cant help more
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Leviatan,

Sorry to read of your troubles :(

Do this happen on a regular basis or just at some periods? I have had this happen on my phone sometimes but never with laptop.

Unfortunately, I am no computer whizz :(

Regards,
      Gary
    • Leviatan
      Leviatan
      Bronze
      it happens every time... sometimes refreshing a million times it finally works fine but only for a few minutes...
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I would start by clearing your internet history.

If that doesn't work, try creating a support request. The technical types there might have some more specific recommendations.

Do you have another computer that you can use over the same internet connection?
      If so, if both have the same problem it would be likely and ISP-related problem, and you can work with THEIR tech people.

Good Luck,
      --VS
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey,

Any resolution here? Did you try clearing your cache / cookies, etc.. in your web browser?

best,
    • Leviatan
      Leviatan
      Bronze
      Hi
      I did clear my cache.. history.. cookies etc... but it still the same...
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      try taking it off/putting it on compatibility mode
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      EDIT: You have tried this already :(
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Leviatan...
      Let's "round up the usual suspects"...
      • Anti-virus up to date?
      • OS patches all current?
      • Browser up to date?
      • Not doing any file downloads etc in background?
      • Browser up to date?

If the answer to all of those is "yes" then try doing an internet speed test.
      You can google that, and pick one of the top items.
      When you do one of them, be sure NOT to run any of the "speed up my PC" things they offer -- no matter how tempting.

If your internet speed is adequate, then move on to the unusual suspects...
      • Installed (or updated) any new software recently?
      • Installed (or updated) any new drivers recently?
      • Installed (or updated) any new hardware recently?

If the answer to ANY of those is "yes", try reversing the change and seeing the results.

You should also check your event log for errors -- if there are any, look them up and take any corrective action indicated.

Good Hunting,
      --VS
    • Krupsinator
      Krupsinator
      I have seen something like that before... some guys in the german forum had these problems as well I think. I'll search (and hopefully find) a solution in one of the threads over there.

Greets from Germany
      Krupsinator

EDIT: After a long search I finally found it and in that case it had to do with the security suite "Trend Micro" (http://www.trendmicro.co.uk/) which blocked some stylesheets. If you don't use this program, I'm also helpless :(
    • RovarTry
      RovarTry
      Bronze
      I had same problems and for me it was when I had option save login checked using both PC and laptop via wireless on same router.