[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH; value vs fish - too thin?

• inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      SB is a whale (54/29, af=1.2, fold to 3bet= 1 out of 5, 108 hands), hence the 3bet.

Is this too thin in general? Or am I right in thinking that by playing the TTs this way I'm getting fat value from a multitude of weak hands he will continue with on flop&turn?

Thanks
      Matt

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($14.78)
      BB ($14.38)
      UTG ($9.85)
      UTG+1 ($9.39)
      Hero ($16.24)
      BTN ($11.65)

Dealt to Hero T:spade: T:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.20, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.85

FLOP ($2.55) Q:club: 5:spade: 9:club:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $1.60, UTG+1 calls $1.60

TURN ($5.75) Q:club: 5:spade: 9:club: 9:spade:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $3, UTG+1 raises to $6.59 (AI), Hero calls $3.59

RIVER ($18.93) Q:club: 5:spade: 9:club: 9:spade: 4:club:

UTG+1 shows 7:heart: 9:heart: (Pre 17%, Flop 20.0%, Turn 95.5%) Hero shows T:spade: T:heart: (Pre 83%, Flop 80.0%, Turn 4.5%) UTG+1 wins $17.67
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

Preflop: Why do you 3bet in first place? What has SB to do with the 3bet. :P What about the main guy who is open-raising?

As played
      Postflop: I'd most likely Check behind the turn while there ain't going to be many hands from you get value anymore while also blocking JT combos. And if you Bet then what worse hands do you see him shoving?

Best Regards.
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Preflop: Why do you 3bet in first place? What has SB to do with the 3bet. :P What about the main guy who is open-raising?

As played
      Postflop: I'd most likely Check behind the turn while there ain't going to be many hands from you get value anymore while also blocking JT combos. And if you Bet then what worse hands do you see him shoving?

Best Regards.
      Sorry my mistake. The open raiser is a whale.

What worse hands? He plays around the region of 20-30% pre flop. I would have thought there are plenty of suited connector-type hands in there that would give him flush draws?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by inlovewithamsterdam

As played

Best Regards.

What worse hands? He plays around the region of 20-30% pre flop. I would have thought there are plenty of suited connector-type hands in there that would give him flush draws?
      It's a 3bet pot. :)
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      Originally posted by inlovewithamsterdam

As played

Best Regards.

It's a 3bet pot. :)
      So? I don't think his range tightens any great deal, since he's a whale, and whales only look at their holding, not at the situation. I don't think he's capable of folding smaller pockets, suited & unsuited connectors, brodways pre flop to the 3bet. That's why I 3bet. To get value.

On the flop I get value from JT & SDs, gutshots, 2nd pairs (as I did in this case) and random peels.

On the turn I think I'm still getting called by his gutshots, JT & FD's (both :spade: and :club:) , since the board didn't change much from the flop... and he's a whale.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, then I am going to ask you this way, why ain't ya just betting flop bigger and ship turn if you assuming that he is such a fish?
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      Well, then I am going to ask you this way, why ain't ya just betting flop bigger and ship turn if you assuming that he is such a fish?
      My mistake! I sometimes forget to look at the stack sizes before I make my bet sizing decisions.

Thanks for the input, Veriz, I might seem defiant in my discussions (defending my moves) but I learned a great deal from your comments!