Software for SnG?

• sargemojoe
      sargemojoe
      Bronze
      Hi,

I was just wondering what would be the best software for someone that is interested in focusing solely on SnGs (for now). I know that elephant doesn't support tournaments/SnGs yet and was wondering if there was any software that was like it so I'd be able to get stats of my opponents when playing in SnGs or tournaments.

Cheers!
  • 11 replies
    • luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      PokerStars is the number 1 sng-software :spade:
    • sargemojoe
      sargemojoe
      Bronze
      No I meant like for in depth stats of your opponents, not actual poker playing software. You know how Elephant has the HUD when you play cash games and gives you their hand range, aggression etc. I'm looking for something like this.

Does poker tracker keep stats of opponents for SNG/tournaments? Or does that do only cash games too?
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      PT does both, I am not sure how good the SnG part of it is though.
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      lots of SNG softwares are banned because of bot like features. You can use Sharkscope which is banned by pokerstars, but allowed on full tilt.
    • JimmyPap
      JimmyPap
      Bronze
      Tournament indicator is a good tool, but does not have a HUD feature which makes it unusable if you are multitabling.

I'm personaly waiting for elephants support on SNGs. The news like a month ago were that it would be in beta testing by now.. but I dont see any new posts about it.. The last post I can see about it is in the french site as Swissmoumout pointed in another thread.

Here is the translated link:
      http://www.google.com/translate?langpair=fr|en&u=http://fr.pokerstrategy.com/news/content/Elephant-Integration-des-SNG-en-projet_05075

Lets hope it will be out for testing soon :P
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      have you tried pokeroffice?
    • JimmyPap
      JimmyPap
      Bronze
      One of the SNG coaches said he is using HoldemManager and that he has made (or is about to make?) some videos where he uses it.

I'm pretty much waiting for those to see if it actually worths it to invest in that or wait for elephant to support the sngs which unfortunately will prolly take like 3 months to be ready (which means bye bye summer :P )
    • Pirate0810
      Pirate0810
      Bronze
      All those programms are cheats imho!!
      Sitting in a live tournament you have to do it on your own..

Why do good pokerplayers use these programms anyway?

I hope all websites will ban these programms really soon.
      That means programms with a hud afcourse.. :)
    • Chriss1980
      Chriss1980
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Pirate0810
      All those programms are cheats imho!!
      Sitting in a live tournament you have to do it on your own..

Why do good pokerplayers use these programms anyway?

I hope all websites will ban these programms really soon.
      That means programms with a hud afcourse.. :)
      The difference could be that you wouldn't play 10 live tables at the same time. Also I think that this stats (e.g. from Pokertracker) are not very reliable, because the playing dynamics change with the blind-level and the no of players left.
    • HennieP
      HennieP
      Bronze
      Also remember that in live tournaments you have a lot more time to study your opponent and calculate odds. Online games are just too fast to do this accuratly without the use of some tool. I use Tournament Indicator and even though it has no HU display it is one of the best out there.
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      personally I use poker software to analyze my own play rather than using the HUD.
      I think that to be successful long term in poker you need to assess your strengths and weaknesses, see what you are regularly doing with certain hands etc. For instance I found that I was regularly losing raising with AQ and also long term losing calling raises with Arag suited. You can then adjust your play accordingly, so now I only raise AQ in late position, stts, and only play Arag suited if I can get in cheap.