($1.70)

Dealt to Hero 7:club: Q:club:

raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.04

FLOP ($0.16) 9:club: T:diamond: J:club:

Hero checks, bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.45, calls $0.37

TURN ($1.06) 9:club: T:diamond: J:club: Q:spade:

Hero bets $0.65, raises to $1.17 (AI), Hero calls $0.52

RIVER ($3.40) 9:club: T:diamond: J:club: Q:spade: 4:spade:

Hero shows 7:club: Q:club: (Pre 57%, Flop 50.1%, Turn 26.1%) shows J:diamond: 8:diamond: (Pre 43%, Flop 49.9%, Turn 73.9%) wins $3.18
  • 4 replies
    • moharith
      moharith
      Bronze
      Q7s?

NL10?

2/6 blinds?

I'd suggest you use the pokerstrategy hand converter. Copy the hand in HEM and paste it there :)

What are your positions, Why do you call a raise, Are you playing 2/4? What's the reason behind your raises..?

Etc.

I'm not saying your wrong about posting, but you should put some input of your own in the post too..
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      Originally posted by moharith
      Q7s?

NL10?

2/6 blinds?

I'd suggest you use the pokerstrategy hand converter. Copy the hand in HEM and paste it there :)

What are your positions, Why do you call a raise, Are you playing 2/4? What's the reason behind your raises..?

Etc.

I'm not saying your wrong about posting, but you should put some input of your own in the post too..
      Saying it's NL10 was my mistake, it's NL4.
      In regards to the rest, I don't know why HEM messed it all up. It's not me, because I've been posting on PS.com since 2009 and know how to use poker tools...

it's HU, and since the opponent raises to 0.08 and I call 0.04 that suggests I am on the Big Blind, while the opponent is on the Small Blind.

On the flop I raise to get called by worse, i.e. I bet for value.
      Likewise on the turn.

I'd like to hear from the coach if I was right in doing that.
    • moharith
      moharith
      Bronze
      Ok :) didn't meant it to be a flame :f_biggrin:

So you call his minraise, I think it's ok, if you know what kind of villain you are up against.

But why do you donk on the flop ? You've got an oesd and a fd. i'd make it a normal size 3-bet. .24 if you are doing it for value.

Well and from the turn You've hitted top pair + oesd + fd, and i'd decide to go broke too.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

Ugly turn card actually while it completes a lot of his range and even if not then he will have hard time to continue. Might be even a spot where I'd just Check the turn and reevaluate the further actions and let him keep his range wide. But for the given stacks hard to get away of course with TP+FD. :)

Best Regards.