Weird bet sizing in late phase

• Gaze73
      I'm completely lost when someone bets 10-20% of a huge pot on a dry board, even on 2 streets, while I have nothing, or a weak underpair. In your experience, is it better to shove and represent TPTK+ or just give up to that weak A-high-like bet? I hate just calling with Q high when SPR is ~2, because it makes me feel disgustingly valuetowned.
  • 2 replies
    • bradomurder
      If you got odds to what you're drawing to, call IF you think it's gonna be the best hand (dont call with 9 high for 20% of your stack if the board is AJ5 or something just because you have 8:1)

Plan the hand on the flop and take into account action in future streets when doing your pot odds, if there is no way you can play the hand profitably just fold it or bluff if you think he's folding a decent amount, cos you dont want to end up losing half your stack with nothing

If you have a mid strength hand and they are doing it often you can still call down if you're getting good odds, sometimes you get owned but the times you win will make up for it in the long run
    • Asaban
      Nothing to add for me.

If you have further questions feel free to ask!