This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Considering doing a "poker challenge"

• GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      Hey everyone! So i'm thinking of doing a "poker challenge". Something like running a bankroll of $x up to $y in Z hands. I'll blog about it and Stars will cover it on their end too. I'm a lil out of touch with micro/low stakes games and winrates so am looking for advice on the parameters of the challenge - i want it to be tough/challenging but possible.. any suggestions?

It will all be at PLO cash game tables.

I'm thinking of something like $50 into $10,000 within 50k hands or something like that -- would people prefer to see something else instead though? Would this be something interesting that you'd follow?

Thanks for any input!

Roy
  • 40 replies
    • Rukkizzi
      Rukkizzi
      Bronze
      Somthing like your suggestion sounds good, I would prefer to see a record breaking win rate then a record breaking volume breaking even.

GL and I will be following :)
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      i would like to see your spin $50 into $10,000 in 50k hands that would be insane
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nefarious26
      i would like to see your spin $50 into $10,000 in 50k hands that would be insane
      indeed

how much rungood would be required? :D
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      indeed

how much rungood would be required? :D

im guessing bout 50k hands worth
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      Hah the plan is to try and show that it's possible to move up through the micros to mid stakes without only relying on rungood :) I'm not sure if I can do it though! But i'm willing to give it a shot. I think it will be a fun challenge for sure.
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      i think starting with $50 and playing like 50k hands is a bit optamistic

what kind of BRM stratagy will you use?

if your playing plo micros your gunna need some run good for sure :D
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      I don't play plo that much (I am a huge fish actually), but 50$ to 10k$ in 50k hands is not possible in my opinion unless you run like god, I guess your bb/100 should be around 30 to be able to get close to that.. but again, I'm just a big PLO fish, so what do I know :D
      50->10k in 100k hands seems reasonable though.
      anyway, I will follow your challenge for sure, whatever it is :)
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      accepting propbet action?
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      I'll use an aggressive BRM strategy where I will be moving up in stakes quickly and dropping back down often if things aren't going well. I think this is the best strategy for just about anyone to use who isn't relying on poker income to support their lives.

Maybe $50 into 10k in 50k hands is optimistic, I haven't run the numbers yet. I think I could win at 20bb/100 at the micros and 10bb/100 at 0.10/0.25 to 1/2. The hardest part will obv be $50 to $500, from there I think it should be pretty easy.
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      Hmm I hadn't considered it but perhaps I will! How much would you be willing to bet?
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      Originally posted by booomm
      I don't play plo that much (I am a huge fish actually), but 50$ to 10k$ in 50k hands is not possible in my opinion unless you run like god, I guess your bb/100 should be around 30 to be able to get close to that.. but again, I'm just a big PLO fish, so what do I know :D
      if he done it in 300k hands that would rank alongside the 1969 moon landing as fantastic accomplishments :D
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      roy what kind of volume do you think you will put into this per week?

i think you need to set yourself a time limit instead of number of hands,

if you could achieve this within 6 months it would be a pretty good achievement
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GodlikeRoy
      I'll use an aggressive BRM strategy where I will be moving up in stakes quickly and dropping back down often if things aren't going well. I think this is the best strategy for just about anyone to use who isn't relying on poker income to support their lives.

Maybe $50 into 10k in 50k hands is optimistic, I haven't run the numbers yet. I think I could win at 20bb/100 at the micros and 10bb/100 at 0.10/0.25 to 1/2. The hardest part will obv be $50 to $500, from there I think it should be pretty easy.
      I didn't bother to run numbers myself, but I don't think 20bb/100 is enough..
      but why do you want to do it in X hands? X time would be more interesting I think, it would be much better advertissement for poker: this guy went from 50 to 10k in a month. sounds better for recreational players :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      My concern with putting a time limit on it (it 50 to 10k in 2 months) is that it would take me away from grinding my normal games, and would be too costly in that regard. If there's a hand limit then I can grind my regular games and spend 1-2 hours a day on the challenge too.
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      roy what kind of volume do you think you will put into this per week?

i think you need to set yourself a time limit instead of number of hands,

if you could achieve this within 6 months it would be a pretty good achievement
      I'm thinking maybe ~5k hands a week.
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      if he done it in 300k hands that would rank alongside the 1969 moon landing as fantastic accomplishments :D
      If I could get enough prop bet action on this, I may consider $50 to $100,000 in 6 months.... :)
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      If I could get enough prop bet action on this, I may consider $50 to $100,000 in 6 months.... :)
      50 ==> 1m in a year would be interesting
      "millionnaire in a year", it would even sound good :D
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Bronze
      any odds? or 1:1
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      Hmm I hadn't considered it but perhaps I will! How much would you be willing to bet?
      I would need to know the terms and such before I decided, probally around $100 if I decided to. I am not really into betting that much tbh but I think you could probally get alot of bets against you if you posted your propbet on 2+2 especially becuase you are a stars pro (if i am not mistaken).