Considering doing a "poker challenge"

• GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      Hey everyone! So i'm thinking of doing a "poker challenge". Something like running a bankroll of $x up to $y in Z hands. I'll blog about it and Stars will cover it on their end too. I'm a lil out of touch with micro/low stakes games and winrates so am looking for advice on the parameters of the challenge - i want it to be tough/challenging but possible.. any suggestions?

It will all be at PLO cash game tables.

I'm thinking of something like $50 into $10,000 within 50k hands or something like that -- would people prefer to see something else instead though? Would this be something interesting that you'd follow?

Thanks for any input!

Roy
  • 40 replies
    • Rukkizzi
      Rukkizzi
      Bronze
      Somthing like your suggestion sounds good, I would prefer to see a record breaking win rate then a record breaking volume breaking even.

GL and I will be following :)
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      i would like to see your spin $50 into $10,000 in 50k hands that would be insane
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Silver
      Originally posted by nefarious26
      i would like to see your spin $50 into $10,000 in 50k hands that would be insane
      indeed

how much rungood would be required? :D
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      indeed

how much rungood would be required? :D

im guessing bout 50k hands worth
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      Hah the plan is to try and show that it's possible to move up through the micros to mid stakes without only relying on rungood :) I'm not sure if I can do it though! But i'm willing to give it a shot. I think it will be a fun challenge for sure.
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      i think starting with $50 and playing like 50k hands is a bit optamistic

what kind of BRM stratagy will you use?

if your playing plo micros your gunna need some run good for sure :D
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      I don't play plo that much (I am a huge fish actually), but 50$ to 10k$ in 50k hands is not possible in my opinion unless you run like god, I guess your bb/100 should be around 30 to be able to get close to that.. but again, I'm just a big PLO fish, so what do I know :D
      50->10k in 100k hands seems reasonable though.
      anyway, I will follow your challenge for sure, whatever it is :)
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      accepting propbet action?
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      I'll use an aggressive BRM strategy where I will be moving up in stakes quickly and dropping back down often if things aren't going well. I think this is the best strategy for just about anyone to use who isn't relying on poker income to support their lives.

Maybe $50 into 10k in 50k hands is optimistic, I haven't run the numbers yet. I think I could win at 20bb/100 at the micros and 10bb/100 at 0.10/0.25 to 1/2. The hardest part will obv be $50 to $500, from there I think it should be pretty easy.
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      Hmm I hadn't considered it but perhaps I will! How much would you be willing to bet?
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      Originally posted by booomm
      I don't play plo that much (I am a huge fish actually), but 50$ to 10k$ in 50k hands is not possible in my opinion unless you run like god, I guess your bb/100 should be around 30 to be able to get close to that.. but again, I'm just a big PLO fish, so what do I know :D
      if he done it in 300k hands that would rank alongside the 1969 moon landing as fantastic accomplishments :D
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      roy what kind of volume do you think you will put into this per week?

i think you need to set yourself a time limit instead of number of hands,

if you could achieve this within 6 months it would be a pretty good achievement
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GodlikeRoy
      I'll use an aggressive BRM strategy where I will be moving up in stakes quickly and dropping back down often if things aren't going well. I think this is the best strategy for just about anyone to use who isn't relying on poker income to support their lives.

Maybe $50 into 10k in 50k hands is optimistic, I haven't run the numbers yet. I think I could win at 20bb/100 at the micros and 10bb/100 at 0.10/0.25 to 1/2. The hardest part will obv be $50 to $500, from there I think it should be pretty easy.
      I didn't bother to run numbers myself, but I don't think 20bb/100 is enough..
      but why do you want to do it in X hands? X time would be more interesting I think, it would be much better advertissement for poker: this guy went from 50 to 10k in a month. sounds better for recreational players :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      My concern with putting a time limit on it (it 50 to 10k in 2 months) is that it would take me away from grinding my normal games, and would be too costly in that regard. If there's a hand limit then I can grind my regular games and spend 1-2 hours a day on the challenge too.
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      roy what kind of volume do you think you will put into this per week?

i think you need to set yourself a time limit instead of number of hands,

if you could achieve this within 6 months it would be a pretty good achievement
      I'm thinking maybe ~5k hands a week.
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      if he done it in 300k hands that would rank alongside the 1969 moon landing as fantastic accomplishments :D
      If I could get enough prop bet action on this, I may consider $50 to $100,000 in 6 months.... :)
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      If I could get enough prop bet action on this, I may consider $50 to $100,000 in 6 months.... :)
      50 ==> 1m in a year would be interesting
      "millionnaire in a year", it would even sound good :D
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      any odds? or 1:1
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      Hmm I hadn't considered it but perhaps I will! How much would you be willing to bet?
      I would need to know the terms and such before I decided, probally around $100 if I decided to. I am not really into betting that much tbh but I think you could probally get alot of bets against you if you posted your propbet on 2+2 especially becuase you are a stars pro (if i am not mistaken).