This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nuts Straight vs Dificullt Board

• Mon3yMaChin3
      Mon3yMaChin3
      Bronze
      So hello again this hand is troubled me.
      Some info about opponent.Opponent play Loose aggresive with 24/14 call many raise.
      Preflop i bellieve is good play i 3x bet and he call me 80% call every raise from sb/bb.
      Flop check/check ( I bellieve play wrong cause give in opponent free card better is to bet to take pot i think)
      Turn he bet i min raise (bellieve now one raise ,80+$ is better from min raise)
      And now in river he move all,is profitable to call here maybe opponent try to bluf but board is scary for flush + Full house
      Here is the hand

Cassava Poker $0.03/$0.06 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1788018
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $7.42
      CO: $6.27
      Hero (BTN): $10.64
      SB: $10.18
      BB: $6.00

Pre Flop: ($0.09) Hero is BTN with A:heart: K:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.18, SB calls $0.15, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.42) Q:diamond: T:spade: 4:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.42) J:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.21, Hero raises to $0.42, SB calls $0.21

River: ($1.26) J:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $9.58, Hero????
  • 2 replies
    • Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      Hi man, I will agree with you that you should have bet flop, bet turn around 2/3 and re-evalute if called or raised. I also agree that a pot size raise (not 3 bet, 3bet is a re-raise) on the turn would have been better. On the river yes it looks that there are many bluffs on his range but I don't think there are that many to justify a call.
      At the Micros, I think that some players who often fail to extract value from their good hands decide sometimes to shove. I know that because I used to be one :D . Surprisingly was not a bad move because you get called a fair amount of time from people who put you on a bluff or can't just fold their hand. !
      To sum up , i think you are not going to be good 47% of the time.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Mon3yMaChin3,

Flop: I'd rather CB the flop while having the initiative and also some outs as overcards/GS + of course fold equity.

As played
      Turn: Don't like the min-raise. Rather at least make a normal raise size cause you are giving him good odds to Call with FD.

As played
      River: Easy fold. :)

Best Regards.