[NL2-NL10] Nuts Straight vs Dificullt Board

• Mon3yMaChin3
      So hello again this hand is troubled me.
      Some info about opponent.Opponent play Loose aggresive with 24/14 call many raise.
      Preflop i bellieve is good play i 3x bet and he call me 80% call every raise from sb/bb.
      Flop check/check ( I bellieve play wrong cause give in opponent free card better is to bet to take pot i think)
      Turn he bet i min raise (bellieve now one raise ,80+$ is better from min raise)
      And now in river he move all,is profitable to call here maybe opponent try to bluf but board is scary for flush + Full house
      Here is the hand

Cassava Poker $0.03/$0.06 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1788018
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $7.42
      CO: $6.27
      Hero (BTN): $10.64
      SB: $10.18
      BB: $6.00

Pre Flop: ($0.09) Hero is BTN with A:heart: K:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.18, SB calls $0.15, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.42) Q:diamond: T:spade: 4:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.42) J:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.21, Hero raises to $0.42, SB calls $0.21

River: ($1.26) J:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $9.58, Hero????
  • 2 replies
    • Deomedes
      Hi man, I will agree with you that you should have bet flop, bet turn around 2/3 and re-evalute if called or raised. I also agree that a pot size raise (not 3 bet, 3bet is a re-raise) on the turn would have been better. On the river yes it looks that there are many bluffs on his range but I don't think there are that many to justify a call.
      At the Micros, I think that some players who often fail to extract value from their good hands decide sometimes to shove. I know that because I used to be one :D . Surprisingly was not a bad move because you get called a fair amount of time from people who put you on a bluff or can't just fold their hand. !
      To sum up , i think you are not going to be good 47% of the time.
    • veriz
      Hello Mon3yMaChin3,

Flop: I'd rather CB the flop while having the initiative and also some outs as overcards/GS + of course fold equity.

As played
      Turn: Don't like the min-raise. Rather at least make a normal raise size cause you are giving him good odds to Call with FD.

As played
      River: Easy fold. :)

Best Regards.