$6.68
      MP1:
      $7.08
      MP2:
      $5.49
      Hero:
      $2

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9:heart: , 9:club:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.20, MP2 calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.80, 2 folds, SB calls $0.78, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.60, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($2.65) Q:spade: , Q:diamond: , 7:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $1.2 (All-In), SB calls $1.20, MP1 folds.

Turn: ($5.05) J:club:
      River: ($5.05) 9:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $5.05

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (9h 9c)
      SB shows a full-house, queens full of jacks (Qc Jd)

SB wins with a full-house, queens full of jacks (Qc Jd)

(?) So.... The thing is, I was sorry to just let my 0.80$ go, and to give away my initiative just because I didn't hit either third 9 or the board isn't all low (which will make my hand overpair).. Furthermore, SB is really a fish, and while MP1 is a decent, he might've called my raise because SB did and he got a really good odds.. So vs. 76/40 I just don't see myself behind all that often with 99.. But again I understand that there are 2 players, and so the chance of someone having Qx is doubled.. :/

(?) What should I have done?
  • 5 replies
    • moharith
      moharith
      Bronze
      Erf..

I think this is a tough spot your in. 99 was also a -bb hand for me too. I think that after the 3-bet you can't go back from going broke on the flop, after both players check. But I really don't want to be in that position.

The 99 is a difficult 3-betting hand and especially vs. 2 mp's (even 1 raising mp is shitty). I'd rather call if mp is really loose and c/f on the flop. Prefferably i''d just fold.

As Gerv once said before: "The 99 isn't up against the range of a mp, even if it is a fish. "
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      moharith,

Yes, it's tough spot for me as well.. :/

I mean, if I have one MP guy that's open-raising, I can see why 3-betting him with 99 might be a good idea - after all he will open-raise a wide range from middle position+, will fold a good % of his range to our 3bet, so we get $$$ directly from that + those times that he calls us we can hit third 9 and make a monster hand, sometimes we can take the pot down just by our innitiative (ie, we're HU, dry board and we cbet).. Of course we lose the times he 4-bets us, but all combined I think we're in a good shape!

But i HATE when we have a raise, and a call, or even more calls (WORSE) and then we need to like 3x raise + 1x for each caller so we have to raise really big that I almost feel committed preflop. :f_eek: But even this is fine I guess with really strong hand like AQ, but with 99 - it's like the bottom of our 3-betting range :/

(?) Just a side question, imagine the situation above where we had 3 callers instead of 1.. So we had to raise him 6x his original raise (3x times + 1x per caller) which is 0.20$ x 6 = 1.20$ ....and since that's more than half of our stack (which is 2$), the +ev move is to go all in this situation with 99 or to fold?

Best regards..
    • moharith
      moharith
      Bronze
      i would avoid and fold dont want to 3bet. The chart isnt telling you, you must! :tongue:

in some situations and with many limpers i'd might limp along and hope to hit a set. Against some agr players it really pays off..

but..

keep limping to a minimum, since it shows weakness. I only do it in some cases.

But i dont know how the hj thinks of this
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      i would avoid and fold dont want to 3bet. The chart isnt telling you, you must!

That's true! It's actually more profitable to even fold a playable hand if you aren't good in playing that particular hand.. Because even if it's profitable for some (ie the guys who wrote MSS chart) if you're weak postflop with that particular hand then you're only going to be losing with it..
      lol, seems like I just answered my own question, wierd.. :f_eek:

in some situations and with many limpers i'd might limp along and hope to hit a set. Against some agr players it really pays off..

Earlier when I was playing BSS, yeah this was a dream come true actually.. :D

But i dont know how the hj thinks of this

Same :f_cool:
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      With TT+ being virtually non-existent in their ranges. You are up against trash, Qx and flushdraws so I shove it in here almost always because there are 2 queens out there reducing the combo's of Qx in people ranges

I would still 3bet preflop, It's a great spot to squeeze here

Best regards,
      Gerv