Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $7.19
      Hero:
      $1.86

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:diamond: , K:club:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 5 folds, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.32) A:diamond: , Q:spade: , 8:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.18, BB calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.68) 5:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.32, BB raises to $0.64, Hero raises to $1.53 (All-In), BB calls $0.89.

River: ($3.74) A:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.74

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Kd Kc)
      BB shows a flush, ace high (Qc 2c)

BB wins with a flush, ace high (Qc 2c)

(?) Now this hand was tough.. I mean, do we really wait like 110 hands (on average) to get kings, just to give it up vs. player who plays 73% of the hands that easily?

The flop was standard, I played by charts, had trash, somewhat drawy, more dry, so I treated them as trash and cbet..

(?) On the turn, he min-raised me.. I thought that he might have raised some flushdraw/draw-hand because of 5 :club: , and against that I have already a made hand and am good to go.. Of course, he might have A2o and got me crushed, but how often is that? :/

(?) Should I have just given up on the turn to a minraise? Oo

Best regards
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey :)

As you can see here
      NL10 JJ the K in flop 30/05

I am not particularly fond of cBetting KK/QQ on Axx boards because you still have showdown value versus this 73/x fish

I check back the Flop, mostly call the Turn & decide on the River if he is bluffing enough to make it worthwhile going to showdown.

If you cBet the Flop, you have to stop betting the Turn because the only thing you are doing is forcing yourself to play against Ax over and over again. Ask yourself why you bet the Turn in the first place, because he plays 73/0 ? It is true his preflop range is wide but it filters deeply on the FLop & Turn

- Gerv
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Hello,

Gerv, I consider this 73/0 even after 20 hands as fish, so my thoughts were we had two streets value vs Qx, TT, 99, 77, JT. So could we bet flop & turn only if we see player with similar tendencies calling down lightly with middle or even bottom pair? Thanks
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JohnDoe1313
      Hello,

Gerv, I consider this 73/0 even after 20 hands as fish, so my thoughts were we had two streets value vs Qx, TT, 99, 77, JT. So could we bet flop & turn only if we see player with similar tendencies calling down lightly with middle or even bottom pair? Thanks
      I think it is more likely for him to call Turn & river with that range than Flop & Turn or Flop & River.

Also qua combo's, you have to realize these players love every single Ax in the game

- Gerv