UTG: £2.35
      UTG+1: £1.92
      Hero (MP): £2.00
      CO: £1.52
      BTN: £7.31
      SB: £2.61

SB posts SB £0.01, BB posts BB £0.02

Pre Flop: (£0.03) Hero has A:spade: A:club:

UTG calls £0.02, fold, Hero raises to £0.10, fold, fold, SB calls £0.09, fold, fold

Flop: (£0.24, 2 players) 3:heart: J:spade: 8:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets £0.22, SB raises to £0.44, Hero raises to £1.90 and is all-in, SB calls £1.46

Turn: (£4.04, 2 players) 8:heart:

River: (£4.04, 2 players) 8:diamond:

Hero shows A:spade: A:club: (Full House, Eights full of Aces) (Pre 93%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)
      SB shows J:club: A:heart: (Full House, Eights full of Jacks) (Pre 7%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins £3.94
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello art3h,

Hard to get away there on those stakes and while he could as well min-raise with Jx/draws. Nice hand!

Best Regards.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Wouldn't it be better to just call, and call him down, to keep his range wide?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Wouldn't it be better to just call, and call him down, to keep his range wide?
      Don't want to see overcards nor draws complete. No need to do that without even knowing the opponent.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      One thing is bugging me by the way Veriz.

If we have AA, we bet this flop, because ,,has has tons of worse hands he can call with". So we can bet for value.

If we'd have AK, we'd also Cbet (bluff actually), because ,,we have one opponent, are in position, and this flop rarely hit him, so he's going to fold fairly often." So we bet as a bluff.

This hand is just one example, but it seems strange to me. Depending what we have, we tend to put the villain on different ranges. I really don't understand, that how can a flop be perfect for a value bet, and a Cbet(bluff bet) at the same time. It sounds like a paradox. If you value bet, you think, he can call with many hands, when you bluff, he can fold many hands. How is this possible on the same frikin board?
      Could you share your wisdom, and knowledge about this, o mighty Veriz? ;)

Edit: another example:
      Dealt to Hero Ac As

Hero raises to $0.15, UTG+1 calls $0.15, fold, fold, SB calls $0.13, fold

FLOP ($0.50) 3d 7s 2s

SB checks, Hero?
      With AA we bet for value, with AK we'd bet as a (bluff)Contibet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Cause it misses opponents range? We have fold equity + we have overcards + we have the position and we can always decide what to do on the turn. Although overall I don't get really your question. :D

Why would I want to Bet into multiway pot with AK on 372 board? Would do it if I assume the opponents being very fishy and without it I wouldn't do it unless it's a Bet for value. If they are rather tighter then both ranges are towards PPs.