[NL2-NL10] NL10 deep

• MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Hi,

we are very deep. Max buyin is $10. If I think other player won't risk just like that his stack, should I fold this? Yes, no, why? What would he be playing like this that I beat?

Thanks a lot :heart:

PokerStars - $0.10 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG+1: $18.87 13/11/65 (134)
      MP: $4.22
      Hero (CO): $18.29
      BTN: $5.60
      SB: $30.01
      BB: $3.42
      UTG: $10.20

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 5:diamond: 5:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold, SB calls $0.25, fold

Flop: ($1.00, 3 players) 8:diamond: 7:heart: 5:spade:
      SB checks, UTG+1 bets $0.72, Hero raises to $2.50, fold, UTG+1 raises to $18.57 and is all-in, Hero calls $15.49 and is all-in

Turn: ($36.98, 2 players) 7:diamond:

River: ($36.98, 2 players) 4:diamond:

UTG+1 shows 8:heart: 8:spade: (Full House, Eights full of Sevens) (Pre 81%, Flop 94%, Turn 98%)
      Hero shows 5:diamond: 5:heart: (Full House, Fives full of Sevens) (Pre 19%, Flop 6%, Turn 2%)
      UTG+1 wins $35.48 :f_o: :f_ugly: :f_cry:

I know they always say never fold a set, but (this IS a serious question)

• 9 replies
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      We can rule out straights so we're looking at overpairs or oversets. He has a lot more combinations of overpairs than sets here - he may not even open 88/77 UTG looking at his stats. He's quite nitty as well and nits wait so long for a hand that they find it almost impossible to let go of AA when they finally get it.

The real question is, does get it in with overpairs in a non-3bet pot? If so, it's fine to stack off and if not, no it's not. Without reads I probably stack off and make a note, I'm not exactly happy about it out.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i'd tend to open more hands UTG (including more SC) while there are three players deeper. not sure he would though

in 3bet pot it's tougher to get away but here we're looking at a 150bb investment so i guess we can fold it. it'd be better if you edited out the results though because i fear that i may be being result oriented :f_eek:
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      hey guys, thanks a lot.

mrbeer, actually I doubt he would get in trouble with oversets having such a big stack :(

Tomaloc: I know. I know. I would love to be able to 'edit' the results ( :D I know what you mean). My question was triggered because on the split second before he showed, I politely said at the monitor: don't give me that sht!! And then he proceeds to give me that sht. Then I thought: wait a minute, if I knew that would be most probably the only hand he would put it all in with, why did I call his shove? Just because I read we should never walk away from a set? :rolleyes: :facepalm:

It was just a pot. A big pot. The biggest pot. *sigh*
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MisClick,

They are normal tables or ZOOM? If normal I doubt that I'd get away, I see still people overplaying KK/AA in those spots even deeper. :) Without knowing much more about the guy I wouldn't fold. For example like W$SD but which isn't going to be that correct for the given sample.

Best Regards.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz, thanks a lot :heart:

They are normal tables.

True, I don't have enough stats on him. I was playing 8 tables at the mo, and I had him marked as green. After that hand he went back to yellow (= not sure).
      However, I just went to see if I could find some more stats on him, and found this hand that was played previously on that table:

PokerStars - $0.10 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $9.85
      BTN: $10.00
      Hero (SB): $19.55
      BB: $4.57
      UTG: $3.75
      UTG+1: $15.36
      MP: $8.76

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 5:diamond: A:spade:

fold, fold, MP raises to $0.20, CO raises to $0.70, fold, fold, fold, MP calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.55, 2 players) 8:diamond: 3:diamond: T:spade:
      MP bets $1.20, CO calls $1.20

Turn: ($3.95, 2 players) J:spade:
      MP bets $3.00, CO raises to $7.95 and is all-in, MP calls $3.86 and is all-in

River: ($17.67, 2 players) 5:club:

MP shows T:heart: Q:club: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 39%, Flop 73%, Turn 80%)
      CO shows A:club: K:diamond: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 61%, Flop 27%, Turn 20%)
      MP wins $16.87

(may be that is why I put him green earlier?)

Still. Is even that kind of player going to risk 2 stacks just like that on flop without the best hand he could have? I do feel a little better after this hand though, as he might have played over pairs the same as his set...may be. :(
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      You can never be sure of those guys, NL10 isn't a limit where people couldn't be overplaying overpairs. :) Nor as said we didn't have enough of stats on him so unknown.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Took a while but the penny dropped: why did you ask if it was zoom? Would be different there?
      Thanks a lot
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      Originally posted by MisClick
      hey guys, thanks a lot.

mrbeer, actually I doubt he would get in trouble with oversets having such a big stack :(
      Do you mean, would not "get into trouble with overpairs having such a big stack"? Obviously he's not in trouble with better sets.

Stack size does not mean good...plenty of absolute donks build (and lose) large stacks quickly. If you just open shove a lot and keep auto-topup on, you will get on the right side of a 70/30 flip soon enough.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by MisClick
      Took a while but the penny dropped: why did you ask if it was zoom? Would be different there?
      Thanks a lot
      Yes, people tend to go broke much tighter in ZOOM and for 200BB I wouldn't even ship da money.