vpp's from zoom

• AlcopopDK
      AlcopopDK
      Bronze
      hope u guys can help me solve me question...

how many hands do i need to play @ nl10 Zoom to earn 10k vpp?

if some1 has numbers for both FR and SH it would be nice...

thx in advantage

AlcopopDK
  • 14 replies
    • mrkhaan
      mrkhaan
      Bronze
      If I calculated it right I made something like 23.6 VPPs/1k hands (1460 VPPs/62k hands sample, fr), so, you'd need something like 424k hands to make 10k VPPS.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you mrkhaan!
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Since VPPs are credited based on actual rake paid after the change to weighted contributed rake, there's no actual way to calculate this in way of number of hands.

Each player has a playstyle that will determine how willing they are to get the money into the pots, and how big your average pots are, all contributing widely to how much rake you are likely to play.

Someone playing only AA/KK in zoom might need a million hands, someone playing a very LAG style would get the in a fraction of the time.

On $ tables(which is the only currency available for Zoom), on 6max tables you are rewarded 5.5VPPs per $1 rake, and on 9max tables you are rewarded 6 VPPs per $1 rake paid.

So, for 10000 VPP on NL10 shorthanded(or any other limit) you would need to generate $1818.18 rake.

On NL10 Fullring(or any other limit) you would need to generate $1666.67 rake.

As I said, there is no actual way to determine a number of hands, since when you are playing with weighted contributed rake structure, your playstyle will determine how much rake you pay on average per x amount of hands.

Regards,
      Richard
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Like fruktpuff said, it really depends on your playing style.
      Just look at how many VPP's you have now, play a set amount of hands, a few thousand would be good where you play your normal style and take a look at how many VPP's you generate. This would be the most precise way to tell, rather than looking what others got. Then just calculate how much you would need for 10k VPP's and keep track of how many VPP's you generate as the sample size gets bigger you will be able to tell it more precise when you can hit your goal.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Used to earn about 100 vpp per 900 hands playing 26/23 style on NL25. SH.
    • AlcopopDK
      AlcopopDK
      Bronze
      thank u guys for the feedbeack.

looking at my small sample it will probably be arround 400k like mrkhan suggested...

AlcopopDK
    • METALzx
      METALzx
      Bronze
      0.032-0.040 vpp/hand - nl10sh depending on playstyle, lots of hands required for 10k still
    • dreamer14
      dreamer14
      Bronze
      nl25 sh is about 0.08vpp/h :/
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dreamer14
      nl25 sh is about 0.08vpp/h :/
      Tighter = less vpp. I had about 0.10vpp per hand, played usually almost 1k hands per hour and had always about 100vpp
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      As Richard and many others mentioned it all depends on our playing style and ofc the games we play (i.e FR or SH)

Thanks to all for helping out here, this community would not be the same without all its wonderful, helpful members :)

Regards,
      Gary
    • simshi
      simshi
      Bronze
      My question is, if you folded the hand preflop, but the other players played on and there was rake. You still will get the vpps right? I mean for normal tables I know you do but because you are still sitting there. Although I know you still get vpp even if you leave the table after a hand in normal tables. I am just saying cos you can fold your way to a lot of vpps.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by simshi
      My question is, if you folded the hand preflop, but the other players played on and there was rake. You still will get the vpps right? I mean for normal tables I know you do but because you are still sitting there. Although I know you still get vpp even if you leave the table after a hand in normal tables. I am just saying cos you can fold your way to a lot of vpps.
      epic bump :D

about your question, i'm pretty sure this is not how it works... i never really looked too much into rake but i'm almost positive that you only gain vpps when you play raked hands i.e. you have voluntarily invested money into the pot (or invested via posting your blinds) and thus generated rake. if you fold the hand without investing any money then i dont think you will gain vpps from this because you have not generated any rake and so why should they reward you with VPPs.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      indeed the rake is calculated as CONTRIBUTED RAKE, meaning the amount of VPP you get is proportional to the amount you have participated to the pot ...

the good old days of dealt rake are over unfortunately ;)
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      Originally posted by simshi
      You get no vpp if you didn't put in money in the pot at any format on stars anymore. Not on normal tables not on Zoom. Only time you can get vpp with folding preflop is if you fold the bb or sb.