rebuy vs non-rebuy - the same?

• 13 replies
    • magicadil
      magicadil
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vip3rNZ
      Are re-buy and non-rebuy tournys played he same? or is rebuying part of a strategy used here, maby super loose agressive early?
      In Re-buy if the cost is low they just push all in until they have a reasonable chip size, then play properly. The starting is really aggressive.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      Pretty much the same except in 3x turbos when you start pushing any two to get a stack
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      alright thanks for the info guys :D
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thanks guys :)
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      You might know this already but also keep in mind that your BR must be bigger when playing re-buys.

Just my 2c :D

RasTweet
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      You might know this already but also keep in mind that your BR must be bigger when playing re-buys.

Just my 2c :D

RasTweet
      Very important point too Ras, well mentioned ;)
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      Well atm my br is around $180 and i've tryed a couple $1.1 rebuy tournys, first one i tryed, didnt need to rebuy, but did an addon for 5k after the rebuy epriod, which left me with 2x tourny average, then I ended up coming in at 225 pays top 216 $10.5 :(

I have about 160 buyins for the rebuy's i'm trying out, which I think is super tight BRM, considering I play 25BI's on cashgames and about 50BI @ HU Hypers :D
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi again,

If you are playing $1.1 rebuys you should treat the tournament value as $3.30. Your buy-in + rebuy + addon. So the tournament will cost you $3.30 to enter. Tournament BRM is normally 100 BIs (depending on average field size)

So technically, you are under-rolled for rebuy tournaments as you would preferably need $330 to play these games sufficiently.

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hi again,

If you are playing $1.1 rebuys you should treat the tournament value as $3.30. Your buy-in + rebuy + addon. So the tournament will cost you $3.30 to enter. Tournament BRM is normally 100 BIs (depending on average field size)

So technically, you are under-rolled for rebuy tournaments as you would preferably need $330 to play these games sufficiently.

Kind regards,
      Gary
      Oh thanks for that Gary! (bow)
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      what if you don't rebuy or add-on?
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      what if you don't rebuy or add-on?
      You don't know that before you start playing. So you calculate both of them in I guess.

If we knew we were going to win then we wouldn't stick to the 25BI rule.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      but surely it's just like buying into more than one tourney.. cos you dont necessarily have to rebuy or add on. i dunno. i dont even play tourneys much :D
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      but surely it's just like buying into more than one tourney.. cos you dont necessarily have to rebuy or add on. i dunno. i dont even play tourneys much :D
      Well I don't play tourneys myself, but what I've read is that there is a lot of aggression in those rebuys. So I guess if you play a rebuy it's wrong to think you'll never use the rebuy or add on. If you don't want to use it, just go play a regular MTT. I might be wrong though, but thats just my thoughts.

RasTweet