Quick question about strategy points

• elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I affiliated yesterday through everest poker.

I went for the bonus and not the $50.

Even though I did get points yesterday and today I still am on basic membership.

On pokerstrategy/account details it says that my account is correctly tracked and I am receiving points.

Are points automatically updated or do I have to wait?

Nicolas
  • 6 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Nicolas,

Welcome to our community! :)

I hope you don't mind, I've moved your thread to the relevant board.

The StrategyPoints are updated in every 24-48 hours depending on how often we receive the reports from the poker room. Nothing to be worried about.

What are your plans with the free $50? Whats your game type? Have you been playing poker for long or new to this game?

Looking forward to see you on the forum!
      Ingrid
    • elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      Hi IngridN, thanks for moving my post to the right place. :D

I actually made a blog which you can see here which is all about me and poker:

: Elchipriota. My poker journey [SnG/MTT]

I didnt get the $50 capital. I went for the bonus on Everest and I also play on Betfair mainly 10 man SnGs. I got a bit dissapointed on the traffic on Everest tbh. I hope it will pick up later today.

All the best!
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Awesome good to see you getting stuck straight into a blog :)

Hey btw welcome to PokerStrategy.com

I don't know much about the traffic on Everest to be honest but i hope it picks up a bit for you, if not you can always move to one of our other partner rooms that has more Sit N Go traffic, have you seen the "choosing the right poker room for you" thread yet? some of our poker room experts are there giving advice on which room will suit you best based on what you play, how much you play and at which stakes, if you wanna check it out then here it is:

Choosing the right Poker Room for you!

Good luck with your poker shout me if you need any help with anything

All the best

Carl
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey elchipriota!

I see you have bronze status now, I guess your receiving SP now?

Did the traffic pick up in the end or not?

RasTweet
    • elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      Yes I started getting points!

The traffic is not great but you can live with it.

To be honest though I didnt really love everest. Mostly because I find it quite difficult to find the games I want to play. That is because of the way their main lobby is design.

I do like though the way they distribute their bonuses. Other websites they pay you back in blocks. i.e: for every $50 of rake they will give you back $20.

These guys pay you directly a small% every each tournament/ raked hand you play and that is quite awesome Imo.

Nicolas
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Glad to see you're enjoying Everest!

If you're having trouble finding rooms you can always have a look around some of the other Poker Rooms to play on depending who has the most tables running ;)

As Carl suggested you may also wish to check out our Choosing the right Poker Room for you! thread where our Team will find the bets possible room for you :f_cool:

Have you checked out much of the Bronze Articles, how are you liking them? Hopefully they'll help you improve your game and get you on the way to Silver eh? ;)